Something is coming (Proffieboard V3)

images

1 Like

21:00hs UTC?

Spoilered?

1 Like

It has begun.

2 Likes

Please let Korbanth or KR Sabers be one of the launching partners.
On a totally unrelated thing:

Practically (missed the second revision) nailed it. :grinning:

Since the cat is out of the bagā€¦

The launch partners are:

• KR Sabers
  • Tritium Sabers / electronics123
  • Artekit

Boards will go on sale May 4th.
For more infomation about V3 boards:

https://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber/v6/

Also see the V3 development thread:

2 Likes

Woooooowwww.
Yes, this is a complete sentence.

It only took two yearsā€¦

1 Like

I assume you kept the pads to solder a low-amp switch to the pFET, right? I want a manual to read right now. :rofl:
Oh! And a couple of nice pictures to make a huge pad.
Incidentally, now that we have a lot of free pinsā€¦ would you mind if I think of ways to assign blades to certain Blade Present pins? Iā€™ve been thinking about putting a hall sensor on the chassis, so you could have a Hilt Present sensor with a tiny magnet.

Yes, itā€™s a little complicated, but there are pads on the back of the board for that.
You have to cut a trace and add a pull-up resistor somewhere, and then any latching switch can be used to cut the power to the board.

Iā€™m planning to add that to the V3 page this weekend.

Congratulations on the release! Ever forward as ever

KR Sabers product page:

Tritium product page:

Had some money saved up for the V3 before I got laid off, canā€™t wait to get em!

Just saw the comment about deep sleep capable, but will we need to wait for OS updates for implementationā€¦or what? Also, I read elsewhere in this thread (and the development thread) about any micro switch for on/offā€¦but that you said a trace would need to be cut. Are you still writing up the copy for that process, or can I start reading up on the how-to specifics. Iā€™m going to start scouring digikey and/or mouser for some micro slide switches that will be easily usable, and not require a ton of chassis space.

So happy the wait is over!

Yes.

Hoping to do that today actually.
It needs some pictures, or it wonā€™t be very helpful.

1 Like

Youā€™re the best!

Iā€™ve found this latching switch:

I donā€™t know if there are even smaller ones available. But this is a push design, so it makes it a lot easier for design. The slide needs to be much closer to the outer diameter, exactly where itā€™s wider (the switch) plus the space needed for the finger to move it.
This plus the charge by USB makes the V3 a great simplification for installs. Specially reducing the number of wires going to the battery connectors, which currently is the most cumbersome part of my installs.

latching switches tends to be fairly large compared to sliding switches. Here is what I used on my K4 saber:

https://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber/k4/control.html

Some are small enough that you can hide it just about anywhere.
(Like maybe behind that little slider thing on a graflex saber?)

I have added documentation for how to use low-power switches with V3 boards:

https://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber/v6/#low-power-switches