ProffieOS v7.x feature requests

You can make any voice/sounds you want, the naming of the supported files is available here:

1 Like

Yup. I don’t have the equipment or experience though. Thus why I openly brought it up to @NoSloppy and mirrored it here.

1 Like

One idea did occur to me which would be useful for hilts with difficult SD card access, or for end users who don’t do their own programming…

With so many parameters now editable by the end user, it would be good to have some mechanism by which you could delete all the temp files on the SD card using a button press combination - a sort of ‘Restore Factory Defaults’ feature.

I’m thinking something like press and hold both buttons together for six seconds might do the job. This would keep the feature well away from other features to prevent accidental activation.

Just an idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be nice to have in the proffieos workbench.

That still relies on connecting the board to a computer. I’m thinking more a simple button combo for people who are nervous about any kind of connection like that. I’ve had customers who would never dream of ‘going in’ as it were, but they’re happy to play around with button combos and features all day long. :slight_smile:

I’m guessing you’re just meaning the colors and styles or do you mean all the gestures, controls, volume, blade length, etc?

1 Like

It would be up to the prop to add something that does that.
I can provide a function they can call, but I don’t really think the default “saber” prop needs it.

1 Like

Initially I was thinking colours, styles and volume as they are the three basic variables that people change that then gets stored under define SAVE_STATE. But now you’ve said that, yes, I guess anything that has been changed by the user (without their having had to connect the board or mess with the SD card) that could be said to make the saber different to how it came out of the box.
As mentioned, I’m thinking primarily of people who buy a saber but never tamper with the innards, and just make changes using the buttons.

2 Likes

This would be remarkable for users who aren’t getting their feet wet, just yet, also.

I just had an interesting idea.
I could make it so that switching into bootloader mode doesn’t actually work if the SD card is mounted on the computer. This would prevent a lot of potential sd card corruption issues.
The only question is: Can I make it show an error message so that it’s not a mystery as to why it won’t go into bootloader mode?

1 Like

Try sd mounted for the error

1 Like

This would be very helpful. Sometimes the lag time of the SD showing up as a drive is enough for me to forget that waiting is the correct next step, then ejecting. It’s one of my most common last minute slight rage errors. I’ve gone straight from new user to the guy that needs “proofing”. I hope you can create that error message.

A thought:

Mute selection. My nephew is a breakdancer and is the right age for a first saber. I’d like to have a track play, have the hum muted, and have clash sounds enabled. So he can use it for dance applications.

It would be interesting to be able to mute sounds by category. Or even set mute as the default and then layer the sounds in as needed.

I would think the right way to do something like that is to modify the font to do what you want. (Like removing the hum.wav file.)

That’s fair. I could do a set of specific “b-boy” presets.

1 Like

You could also just set volHum in the config.ini for that font to zero.

1 Like

That seems like a good easy first crack at messing with config.ini at all. Thanks.

I might also disable clashes entirely (prob by setting the color to the same as the base color) incase of drops during dance choreography, but leave blaster blocks because they are manual. Is there another way to do that that’s more OS based as well? Like a sleep/disable clash kinda thing? And am I too off topic for this thread? LMK

If you only want tracks and nothing else why not just have the blade lit while off and play the track and not ignite? Then you wouldn’t need to change anything as long as you don’t ignite the blade it would just be lit and playing tracks only.

Ha! I did not think of that! Then he can ignite and boom there’s all of the features.

Split the blaster deflect samples/actions into two…

1. The blaster sound itself - blstxx.wav
  2. The blade deflection sound - blstdfxx.wav

Then offer the option of random delays between them, with the deflect having an animation. If either file is not present, treat the one in the folder as the deflect.

Every single font that I’m aware of already makes the blstxx.wav audio as both the blaster shot and deflect sample, but for ‘realistic’ behaviour, the blaster sound would not cause the animation.

1 Like