ProffieOS v7.x feature requests

It should be entirely possible to have an EFFECT_POSTOFF transition already.
Why wouldn’t it be?

One caveat I guess: The POSTOFF layer has to go after the in/out layer, or it will be extinguished by the out layer.

That was kinda my thinking as well, but I haven’t gotten it to work in the style editor yet. I only tried a few different things so I’ll mess around with it more or upload to my saber

That might be a bug in the style editor.
Not sure if it generates postoff events…

1 Like

Bit of a minor random one, but I would like to be able to define my own colours in the main config file, in the same way you can do with LED structs.

Something along the lines of:

typedef Rgb<0, 186, 240> MyBlue;

It would also be good for bluetooth modules powered from LED pads to be able to define simply ON and OFF as a colour:

typedef Rgb<255, 255, 255> ON;
typedef Rgb<0, 0, 0> OFF;

That way you could use a more logical bladestyle, and also switch the Bluetooth off on certain presets:

//  Bluetooth
StylePtr<ON>(),

//  Bluetooth
StylePtr<OFF>(),

I know you can do most of this in the colors file - and in the case of the ON / OFF options, it would be easy to add those to the standard OS colors file going forwards. But for custom colours, the ability to add them to your config would nice as it would mean you don’t have to remember to edit that colors file between OS upgrades.

Just an idea.
:slight_smile:

Just do

using MyBlue = Rgb<0,186,240>

Then in your style it’s just

StylePtr<AudioFlicker<MyBlue,...>()

I have more information on using here

1 Like

Oh wow! So it’s already done! :open_mouth:
Thanks Fernando! Sorry for having missed this feature in all the 6.x literature. But it is exactly what I need!
Fantastic work as always!
Thanks again!
:ok_hand: :pray: :+1:

“using” is part of C++, it’s not specific to OS6.

1 Like

Now that I’ve spent some time with arguments, I would very much appreciate more of them for colors. I find that I use BASE_COLOR_ARG and ALT_COLOR_ARG and have many use cases for an ALT2_COLOR_ARG and so on.

Submit a PR. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doing my research on how to properly add a Pull Request, as it will be my first. Do I make an attempt at the code itself, or just add my request for this feature to the github repository?

Update: down the rabbit hole. Learning how to do more than download and read on github.

Bringing this idea in here after the off-topic with @NoSloppy in the other thread.

For me with fonts, etc I like them to be either in-canon or in-universe, even if it’s a non-canon take. Anyone who’s played SWTOR along with it’s derivatives may love this.

Can we please get 2 new English voice pack versions that are mechanical or robotic?
*Others may want similar for their native language.

A male version that hints at Proxy and a female version that hints at Scorpio. Come on fellow gamers and fans, tell me that those two voice types wouldn’t be awesome add-ins. To me it’s a finishing touch idea and makes it less like a human voice coming from the saber and more like what my head-canon thinks and sees being definitely possible in the world of Star Wars. Less drive-thru “Here’s your meal order sir.” and more “Oh this is definitely possible that a lightsaber has a computer voice for prompt and button interactions.”

:smiley:

example if you’ve not played the games (and should go play them!):

1 Like

You can make any voice/sounds you want, the naming of the supported files is available here:

1 Like

Yup. I don’t have the equipment or experience though. Thus why I openly brought it up to @NoSloppy and mirrored it here.

1 Like

One idea did occur to me which would be useful for hilts with difficult SD card access, or for end users who don’t do their own programming…

With so many parameters now editable by the end user, it would be good to have some mechanism by which you could delete all the temp files on the SD card using a button press combination - a sort of ‘Restore Factory Defaults’ feature.

I’m thinking something like press and hold both buttons together for six seconds might do the job. This would keep the feature well away from other features to prevent accidental activation.

Just an idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be nice to have in the proffieos workbench.

That still relies on connecting the board to a computer. I’m thinking more a simple button combo for people who are nervous about any kind of connection like that. I’ve had customers who would never dream of ‘going in’ as it were, but they’re happy to play around with button combos and features all day long. :slight_smile:

I’m guessing you’re just meaning the colors and styles or do you mean all the gestures, controls, volume, blade length, etc?

1 Like

It would be up to the prop to add something that does that.
I can provide a function they can call, but I don’t really think the default “saber” prop needs it.

1 Like

Initially I was thinking colours, styles and volume as they are the three basic variables that people change that then gets stored under define SAVE_STATE. But now you’ve said that, yes, I guess anything that has been changed by the user (without their having had to connect the board or mess with the SD card) that could be said to make the saber different to how it came out of the box.
As mentioned, I’m thinking primarily of people who buy a saber but never tamper with the innards, and just make changes using the buttons.

2 Likes