ProffieOS v6.7 is now LIVE

@MegtoothSith seriously, @NoSloppy kept on me until I finally converted over to Sublime Text and I’m glad he did. It makes seeing errors in the code as well as how it lays out so much better than our “old” way.

I was thinking of using a ShtokCustomWorx Graflex Clamp Bubble Strip NPXL PCB for a power level indicator. I was wondering if that can be done by making it a blade to mirror the blade color and changing the blade length to represent the battery power level. Does that make any sens to do it that way or is there a better way to go about it and where would I find the code?

I have multiple options in the library, just choose Accent LED and then for Off Behavior choose one of the Battery Level Bar Graph options.

1 Like

Question with the track player feature. When I have the track folder in the font folder, how do I write the config? I know before it was just “tracks/track1.wav” for example, and now it’ll be “font/tracks/” do I need to include one track name at the end, (font/tracks/track1.wav") or will it play all as is with nothing at the end?

The default track in your config is the same as it’s always been. If the track is located in “font/tracks/” then that’s how you write it.
Here’s all the info on the feature, controls are listed in my prop.

ProffieOS 6.7 uploaded, same as ProffieOS 6.6, plus:

1. Fixed a bug in TrExtend
  2. Bug for cycle counting on teensy which would cause micros() to calculate things wrong and leading to some random errors.

Hi! I’m completely new here, just got my Proffie Graflex and want to learn how to get into the world of Proffie and playing with fonts, sounds, etc. What’s the best resource that’ll help me get rolling quickly and easily? Thanks!!

Welcome Joe. This should probably be posted in the Padawan Area.
You might find some good tips in there :wink:

Where is that?

Hello again! I’m absolutely loving everything about the new os, it’s just amazing. I’m running into an issue with one of my styles though, and I think it might be related to WavLen, as the style works fine on os 5 but not on 6.5 or 6.7 (haven’t tested on 6.6 but I have tested on multiple sabers).

I’m using WavLen for pretty much everything, including preon>out>in/retraction>pstoff, but sometimes the pstoff effect just won’t show, and sometimes the in/retraction seems to use the pstoff wavlen instead of retraction which causes it to be really slow instead of really fast (and I could be wrong but I think I remember it effecting the preon a few times too).

I don’t know how to repeat it, and once it starts working it seems to “stick” until I switch presets (sometimes) or it’s been off for a while. Substituting WavLen for an ms value fixes it, so I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if something isn’t working, any help would be greatly appreciated! Here’s my config: Omen - Pastebin.com

Can we focus on one particular style instead of a whole config file? I don’t want to go testing/debugging the wrong style.
Also, ProffieOS 5.x doesn’t have WavLen.

That config only has the one style :slight_smile: just included it all in case there’s something I’m missing. And sorry if that was confusing, all I meant by that was the effects themselves work perfectly using ms instead of WavLen

Ah, I looked, saw lots of long lines with empty lines and between and I just assumed there were lots of individual styles. Will take a look at this later today.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!

You have duplicate effects for certain effects that you can only have one for. I had this exact issue with Omen for OS5 and 6 also. Just get rid of one of your ignitions, as it looks now, given that you have two called out in the Pastebin.

Not sure where your seeing this.
Unrelated but I see 4% of a wav length being used for ignition timing (which is doing wipe in / reversed for some reason)

Lines 84-88 he has two ignitions. When I had similar issues with this Greyscale Font Blade Style, I had to remove all but one ignition.

Ah. Yeah, but if you look at the timings, the purple does the first half of the wav file and then the pink takes over for the second half, so they’re dividing the ignition duration 1/2 each, not running simultaneously on top of each other.

I’ve done multiple ignition/retraction effects before (and multiple swing effects for that matter) and never had an issue so I don’t think that’s it, proffie has no issue running multiple effects at once. Unless that’s somehow conflicting with the wavlen. And yeah both ignition and retraction are reversed, and the preon and pstoff is a little spark that goes up and back down the blade to match the font (on top of the noise responsive spark at the hilt)

I also don’t know why it would work sometimes, and not others. And once it starts working it seems to “stick” until I change presets or haven’t used the saber in a while (maybe idle or motion timeout?)

Edit: actually the ignition effect is one part that is working perfectly for me. It’s specifically the in/retraction timing (sometimes way longer than it’s supposed to be), and the two layered pstoff effects that sometimes just don’t show. I’ve never had just one of the pstoff effects show, it’s either both or neither (Same for the preon if I remember right)