ProffieOS v6.7 is now LIVE

Yeah but it comes down to how the current OS reads those files and how they stack together. At some point the stack won’t work and things either bork or get ignored. While it will “compile” it may not play. Know what I mean? I’m having the same thing with the Padawan Princess style I made for my daughter. It will play all four things going into the final main blade in 5.9 but won’t in OS6.

The point being as far as it not working maybe try switching up where those ignitions are layered in that cake. Like move the strawberries to the top? (Yeah @NoSloppy I used your cake visual.)

Makes sense, I still don’t get why sometimes it works perfectly though. Like when it works, everything works like it’s supposed to. And I have tried moving things around layer-wise but there is a small part of me that prefers it this way, with certain layers being “on top” of others when the effect is shown on the blade, but even with different orders for the layers I ran into the same issue

Yup, I totally get it. I’m the same way in how I “see” the overall but it’s worth messing with. If or when the timing is right start a thread and get some serial monitor recordings and post them.

At the end of the day I’d love to figure that bit out but it’s above my pay-grade.

1 Like

*Epiphany! Make those two lines into a single line that will play the effect in the sequence you want it to.

The issue is most likely tied to how EFFECT_POSTOFF works.
You can have as many layers using an EFFECT as you want, they just won’t all be visible if they are layered.
EFFECT_POSTOFF just may not work well with WavLen because of how it’s set.

I don’t understand this. At what point does something decide to not work?

I don’t know. I just remember months back when something wouldn’t play the way it was supposed to you saying to layer it out differently and then it worked/showed.

*Question, I forgot just now since I’m done with the testing phase with one of my hilts to activate //#define KEEP_SAVEFILES_WHEN_PROGRAMMING . I’ve built out about 7 bladestyles I don’t want to have to go back in and rebuild. If my SD card isn’t installed during the board flash should the save files be intact after I flash the board to fix that define and reinstall the SD?

If you cover a solid layer with another solid layer only to topmost layer can show. There is no issue with having a lot of layers except for memory used to store but you can’t see something if it’s covered by something else.

Interesting, so we shouldn’t use WavLen with Pstoff effects for the time being? Is it the same thing with preons or any other effect? And is this something that could possibly be fixed in the future? It’s also just super weird that at time it works perfectly with literally no issue :confused: I’ve been scratching my head over this one for a while lol

@Fett263 Cool, based on what’s said there, if the SD isn’t in then the files are intact even if I flash the board separately.

On the other topic in the case I had I inadvertently covered a different style of layer with a solid layer and it wouldn’t show until there was another effect in play, like a clash or lockup which is why Force Ladder didn’t show. *Although it did end up being a happy accident for another idea.

@KidsTryThisAtHome I’m gonna play w that and see what happens.

It probably needs to be looked at and addressed, but that’s my guess looking at it.
Preon works as expected.

1 Like

Huh? If you use that define then the older presets.ini will override your new config, if it’s not then the new config is used if the .ini is older.

Sigh, that’s why I asked. The minute I plugged the SD back in and turned the board on it overwrote everything because I didn’t have it defined prior. Oh well, style rebuild time.

On a different subject, what is the % level that the lowbatt.wav will kick on in OS6? I’m seeing batteries going as low as 19% and it didn’t play. Even at 12% where the blade showed red I had nothing happen.

Guessing you didn’t read the page first then.

NOTE: It is strongly recommended you save a backup of all SD card contents (fonts and *.ini files) after making edits in case your SD card is erased or corrupted.

Something a little different that I’m having an issue with in that same config is my no-blade font, I just got my sabertrio and it’s the first one I’ve had with a blade detect pin. I have a font set up and everything was working perfectly, it auto-switched to that font when the blade was out, up until I’m guessing I changed something and my presets.ini was created? Because now when I remove the blade the font doesn’t change. The pin is still working because I hear bladein and bladeout (I put those in common) and motion ignite doesn’t work when the blade’s not in, so that’s all functioning properly. But it no longer auto-switches the font like it used to. I saw this comment from prof in another thread:

“If you don’t have SAVE_CURRENT_STATE in your config file, it will just go to the first preset in p2 when there the blade is removed. (Or if you boot up with no blade) If you insert the blade (or boot up with blade inserted) it will go to the first preset in p1.
If it saves the presets, things gets a little more complicated, but by specifying separate save dirs (“save” and “nbsave” above) it will keep the saved positions for separate for when there is no blade and when there is a blade, which will work better.”

So I’m guessing it might have something to do with the fact that I have #define SAVE_STATE and/or KEEP_SAVEFILES_WHEN_PROGRAMMING? I did a fresh upload and deleted curstate/global/presets and it was working I think up until I did color change and the presets was created? I also checked the link below and I’m really not sure where the issue is but maybe do I just need to switch SAVE_STATE for something else or something like that? Thanks again in advance for any help! Omen - Pastebin.com

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for, can’t believe I didn’t find that, thanks so much!

1 Like