PB V3.7 beta test thread

The beta is basically done.
The problem is that it’s basically impossible to make boards right now.
If I launched a new board, the price would have to be super high which I feel would be unhelpful and send the wrong message.

2 Likes

I was also wondering how things were coming along with deep sleep? Will the V3 have a deep sleep mode?

Most likely. I’ve arranged the V3 pads such that the power and aux buttons have wakeup capabilities. That means that it’s possible to shut down the cpu completely after a while, and then have a press of the power/aux buttons boot it up again.

The code for this has not been written and tested yet, so there a possibility that this just doesn’t work for some reason though.

1 Like

Great job Prof. I feel for the chip shortages. Ive been pounding away trying to find some workarounds to keep building but its tough. I also work at an electronics repair company and even we are having issues getting our chips in and on time.
Keep on trucking.
Dave

Well, if I need to make a new install, I will have to pay about 85/90usd for a Proffie 2.2. I would rather pay that for a 3.7. As of right now, Proffies are in that range. And given the dynamics of the fab industry, I don’t see that coming down until 2023. The way I see it, is either no installs for a whole year or paying double what a Proffie used to be to get one. Same problem with the rest of the soundboards, btw. If I’m going to make an install with an expensive board, I’d rather have it be 3.7 than 2.2. Of course if I had the funding I would invest and make a run.But realistically, I could barely pledge to buy 8 or 10.

Suddenly, my blade detect is not working.
Currently, GND and Data4 pin register properly on a meter, beeping with blade inserted, no beep when removed when the board has no power. However, when power is applied, the pads beep continuity constantly, regardless of blade.
Thoughts?

I reverted to a ProffieOS archive folder of mine from July. Same results.

So what actually happens?
Does it register as if the blade is always inserted? Or always not inserted?

Always inserted. Grounded.
Now check this out:

Maybe I’m missing something.

Here’s the Blade Detect thing:

Instead of measuring resistance, can you try measuring voltage between GND and Data3 while on?

AC fluctuating btw .069 and .082
DC fluctuating btw .034 and .040
Both GND pads same

That means that it’s constantly low.
Either something is shorted to it, or the pullup resistor isn’t working anymore.
If it’s the pullup resistor, the solution would be to use another pad for blade detect. That could also be the solution if it’s shorted somehow.

Sorry. blade detect is data 4. Solid 3.03vDC on that. Pin 3 was just the weird continuity example . GNDs were inconsistent etc…
But for blade detect, it is data 4 and I’ll stick to that for troubleshooting.

Now…with nothing changed except fixing my blade 3 LED strip (first pixel seems to have died) it’s not beeping at all with blade in / blade out while no power.
It DOES beep/no beep with power applied. Yet no blade detect triggered.
When the blade is running, inserting/removing does a very short blip of beep if any.

You really can’t test continuity when things are running, it doesn’t yield meaningful results. You also cannot measure resistance when it’s running. Basically only voltage measurements works while things are running.

1 Like

Well, something must be wrong with data4. I moved blade detect to pin 10 and all is good again.
Back to blades troubleshooting.

1 Like

Time for some necroposting…

I was fiddling with my V3 prototype, and I discovered that the USB circuit wouldn’t go to sleep.
I discovered that the VUSB pad had 2.5 volts on it for some reason.
I’m hoping that this is a manufacturing defect in my prototype, and not some deeper problem.
If any of you guys have a V3 prototype that is still working, could you measure the voltage on VUSB when the board is NOT plugged in and tell me what it is?

Looks like 0.09 volts on mine although it’s tricky to make contact with that pad for me. Just battery power on the saber, while OFF if that mattered.

Excellent, thank you.

Any particular time to wait between readings to check for sleep?