PB V3.7 beta test thread

Not yet, I need to write the code for it.

1 Like

Im no photographer, nor do I have a decent camera, just my phone. But here is my beta 3.7 saber. Demo video uploading to the youtubes.

8 Likes
6 Likes

6 battery cycles, no glitches, saber functioning as expected. I have carried this saber with me everywhere. Work, errands, even a trip to the landfill! I really like the new higher read speeds on SD. Proffie already had a more organic feel in how it produced sound. In my opinion, the change to SDIO is THE greatest feature that differentiates this version from 1.5s and 2.2s. When we tested 2.2, it was for all intents and purpose an improved 1.5, with friendlier pads and a more dependable amp. Whereas the 3.7 is noticeably better than 1.5s and 2.2s.

While I havent tested OLED and other features, Id rate my experience with Proffieboard 3.7 as Excellent! This is an outstanding evolution for Proffie. As far as Im concerned, there is only one hurdle remaining to make 3.7 even better, and Im praying deep sleep will work. If it does, Proffieboard will be hard to beat once OS 6 drops!

Thanks Fredrik and to all the beta testers, and those helping to modify the ProffieOS.

7 Likes

Well, I managed to fill up a whopping 83% of FLASH with my personal prop file and this config file:
48 presets all with discrete fonts. Not small blade styles.

3 Likes

Impressive.
Is that with or without optimization?

1 Like

Smallest code.
Trying Fast overflows by 609160.

3 Likes

What about Fastest? (It’s usually smaller than “Fast”)

1 Like

Added the latest updates from GitHub. Something significantly smaller now.
Fast = 805472. overflow 297568 (was 609160 over before update)
Faster = 724032. overflow 216128
Fastest = 723456. overflow = 215552
Smallest = 419560

2 Likes

I think at some point I’m going to have to do a deep dive into how “Smallest” actually works. It seems like there should be a better compromise between fast code and small code.

1 Like

How about that memory saving difference though? Any idea what may have changed it so drastically between 7/13 and current ? I’m using my own prop, not saber_fett263_buttons, so none of that should be a factor, and that’s most of the merges.
But 805472 down to 609160 is substantial (great!)
And that’s just the OS updates, no config or prop file changes.

‘’‘How about that memory saving difference though? ‘’’

I need to add more presets to my beta just for fun, Im at 36% capacity, it was crazy low. Might not have been 36, but it was low.

Tom

I did a little memory saving on July 22nd/23rd, but I’m not sure those changes could cause such a large change.

2 Likes

Does this need an actual input pin such as
#define BLADE_ID_CLASS SnapshotBladeID<bladeIdentifyPin> bladePin
Or just by itself is the proper syntax?

1 Like

The line as I provided it is the proper syntax.

Is it possible to disable onboard charging via USB?

No, why would you want to?

Using serial monitor to test low battery stuff, USB power gets in the way.
I can use TTL adapter to get around it, just thought I’d ask if it were defeatable temporarily in software.

Ah, I see. It would be easier to add code that lets you fake the battery reading, but that wouldn’t help with testing things that might oscillate.

How is the Beta coming? I’ve seen some people committing to really expensive Proffie 2.2 runs. If I’m going to pay 80 to 100usd per board, I would rather have a 3. Have you been working with the usual suspects? Because I’ve seen KR and 123Electronics doing really expensive new 2.2 runs.