Testing Needed - AUDIO_CLASH_SUPPRESSION_LEVEL

If I understand the question correctly, You do not need to adjust any of the values if they work well where they are.
The 100 is the frequency at which it begins rolling off low end and the filter order is the slope (how steep of a cut-off).
The filter order is probably fine as-is for any chosen frequency, however the frequency itself is up to you. 100 is generally a good point to leave it as well.

I was getting a lot of false clash sounds with some loud sounds like force and quote so I had to raise the clash threshold to 3 and that solved the problem, but obviously had to strike the blade harder than I’m used to to elicit clash and lockup.
After adding the define of audio suppression of 20, I was able to lower the clash threshold back to 2 and everything works perfectly for me with no false clashes at all! Thank you for this!

1 Like

Good to hear

1 Like

Glad it worked. 2 is pretty low, surprised that works for you.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what would cause that either.

I am trying to test a saber with this test OS, but getting an error (see below) when I go to verify. The config is the same I used with OS6.7. If I remove the prop line (Fett263) from my config, it verifies. Is this supposed to be tested without any props? Or am I just doing something wrong?

In file included from D:\Saberstuff\TEST OS\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:584:
D:\Saberstuff\TEST OS\ProffieOS\scripts\clash_recorder.h: In member function ‘virtual void ClashRecorder::On()’:
D:\Saberstuff\TEST OS\ProffieOS\scripts\clash_recorder.h:48:5: error: ‘Saber’ has not been declared
48 | Saber::On();
| ^~~~~
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2

Post your config, not sure why you’d get that error.

Here is my config.

That config does not produce any errors for me so you’re doing something else to cause. Also, it doesn’t actually have the define noted in first post to actually test anything.

I had the define added initially, but got the error from the outset. I removed the define, as part of troubleshooting, just trying to get things working. Once I can verify, it’s going back in for testing. But aside from renaming the folder to ‘ProffieOS’, so it would run, I didn’t do anything, other than drop the config in the ‘config’ folder.

Odd, never encountered that error and can’t replicate. Not sure what would cause.

I can get it to verify if I remove the #include prop line. I tried the 4 different props and they all give the same error. I tried disabling all but the basic defines and removing all but 1 basic preset, but the error persists, if a prop is present.

I am also getting this error now.
I guess it’s not supposed to be SaberBase::On();
@profezzorn?

Oh, that’s supposed to be BASE::On();

1 Like

That came over from master with last Fetch and Merge.

@MeatySmurf @NoSloppy
I fixed the BASE::On() in the audio_clash fork. If you pull new ZIP it should work now.

@profezzorn were you fixing in master or do want in a PR?

2 Likes

I have done some testing and outside of battle mode it works pretty well. The false clashes are all but gone. Though, there is a rogue one here and there. I had to lower my clash to 2.0 to get to good, responsive level.
With battle mode active pretty much every clash is a lockup. It’s difficult to get a real clash. This can be a pain to break the force ice blade when it’s triggered. The false clashes with battle mode active are mostly gone too. When they do happen they are lockups or melts. My BM clash detect is at 8. Max clash is 16.
All in all, this one saber operates much better. I have another to test, but I am done for the night.
I ended up with my volume at 2000, clash threshold at 2.0 and suppression at 20.
I went as low as 5 on the suppression and I think up to 40 one time. That was no bueno. 20 seems to be good for me on this one.

Downloaded the code and I’m all setup. Pushed CLASH_THRESHOLD back down to 3.0 and put in #define AUDIO_CLASH_SUPPRESSION_LEVEL 20 into one of my Bendu’s and left the other at OS5.9 for side by side comparisons. *The 5.9 hilt stays at 3.0 and 1400.

The fork gave SOLID RESULTS. With the define at 20 and volume back up to 1400, comparing hilts responses side by side the new fork gives exactly the same results I was accustomed to prior in OS5.9 both in and out of BattleMode. I even pushed hard with multi blast and all is good.

Thanks @Fett263 , I’ll keep testing throughout the week.

2 Likes

Thanks for this, Fernando! Will test this out asap and report back.

1 Like

So far so good, Fernando. Thank you!
I’ve got 2 or 3 other sabers I want to put this new code onto and test with, but this StarFall was the one I was getting the highest amount of unprompted clashes & stabs with, previously.

https://youtu.be/CAPpNnKfaqM