Quad blade! dual 2 M 3535 RGBS

This is a THICK style PC tube, with liner and foam wrap. ~ 116 LEDS per side X4
ZIG ZAG Config, and blade counts ALMOST perfect

[Dropbox - IMG_2377.MOV - Simplify your life]
cant figure out how to embed the video here…

But I can only compile with 2-3 fonts on Fast, to try and keep the animations non laggy

2 Likes

First of all, you may want to try “fastest”, the code might be slightly smaller.
Second, you might consider version 1.x of the arduino-proffieboard plugin, the “Fastest” option generated smaller code with that one I think.

Embedding movies is usually as easy as just pasting the URL, at least that works with google photos and youtube.

1 Like

BUt how does the blade look =)

Like this:

3 Likes
1 Like

Oh NOW I know who you are :wink:

1 Like

LOL.
Camera really doesn’t capture the quad blade awesomeness. rianbow blade and reflections give a HINT

How do you cram 4 strips? And how do you do zigzag in a X4 config? I can’t understand the mechanical layout. Thanks in advance.

The 3535 strips are 7.2 mm wide, I used a 1/4" square dowel, and ran 2 meters from bottom, over the top and back down. then repeated for the other side. I used a 1" thick walled blade from TCSS with the liner, and the foam wrap. it JUST fits… All strips get power, data runs 2 meters, and jumpered over to the next 2 meters

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of pictures from my install, but here is one:

The purple wires (there are two of them) are data wires.

I used a 1-inch blade with a foam diffuser. It fits just fine.

2 Likes

Do you send data in parallel between Data1 and Data2?
Why not send the Data line in parallel to the four strips? Because you can do more effects?

Because quad zigzag blades can do candycane blades. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also the fire blades look really nice, and have more depth that the standard

2 Likes

I am trying to make a zigzag blade but only three sides will light up I am attaching a wiring diagram and a copy of my config file using proffieOS 5.9

#ifdef CONFIG_TOP
#include "proffieboard_v2_config.h"
#define NUM_BLADES 2
#define NUM_BUTTONS 2
#define VOLUME 1000
const unsigned int maxLedsPerStrip = 576;
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 2.0
#define ENABLE_AUDIO
#define ENABLE_MOTION
#define ENABLE_WS2811
#define ENABLE_SD
#define ORIENTATION ORIENTATION_USB_TOWARDS_BLADE
#define SAVE_STATE
#define FEMALE_TALKIE_VOICE
#define VOLUME_MENU_CYCLE
#define FETT263_BATTLE_MODE_ALWAYS_ON
#define FETT263_TWIST_OFF
#define FETT263_FORCE_PUSH
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_PROP
#include "../props/saber_fett263_buttons.h"
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_PRESETS
Preset presets[] = {

{ "Senate", "tracks/track1.wav",   
StyleNormalPtr<CYAN, WHITE, 300, 800>(),
StyleNormalPtr<CYAN, WHITE, 300, 800>(), "cyan"}, 
 };
BladeConfig blades[] = {
 { 0, SubBlade(0, 287, WS281XBladePtr<576, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >()),
    SubBladeReverse(287, 575, NULL)
  , CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_BUTTONS
Button PowerButton(BUTTON_POWER, powerButtonPin, "pow");
Button AuxButton(BUTTON_AUX, auxPin, "aux");
#endif

any help would be appreciated

Looks like you have an overlapping pixel at 287, no?
Shouldn’t it be 0-287 then 288-575?

Not sure that just might be it, I did use the V2 configurator for the base of the config i just added some defines and the props file currently I am at work so i can not test it to see if that fixes it

1 Like

Also, based on your wiring diagram, I think you actually want SubBladeReverse for every other strip, making it 4 SubBlades total, and alternating,
Something like:

{0, SubBlade(0, 143, WS281XBladePtr<576, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3>>()),
    SubBladeReverse(144, 287, NULL),
    SubBlade(288, 432, NULL),
    SubBladeReverse(433, 575, NULL), CONFIGARRAY(presets) }

Also, maybe consider a 3rd LED pad in parallel to distribute some of that current?
Lastly, your maxLedsPerStrip might benefit from a bit more buffer space by either adding 20-30% or use #define EXTRA_COLOR_BUFFER_SPACE 20 or 30

Sounds good I will give that a try when I get home in the morning, till then someone has to keep these flight simulators working,

{0, SubBlade(0, 143, WS281XBladePtr<576, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3, bladePowerPin4>>()),
    SubBladeReverse(144, 287, NULL),
    SubBlade(288, 432, NULL),
    SubBladeReverse(433, 575, NULL), CONFIGARRAY(presets) }

is this what you mean or should i just add that pad without adding it to the config file

Yes that’s what I meant. Wired and accounted for as a PowerPin in the blades[] array.

Thanks for the help I will let you know if that fixes the problem later in the day