Preset presets[] = {

{ "Senate", "tracks/track1.wav",   
StyleNormalPtr<CYAN, WHITE, 300, 800>(),
StyleNormalPtr<CYAN, WHITE, 300, 800>(), "cyan"}, 
 };
BladeConfig blades[] = {
{0, SubBlade(0, 143, WS281XBladePtr<576, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3, bladePowerPin4> >()),
    SubBladeReverse(144, 287, NULL),
    SubBlade(288, 432, NULL),
    SubBladeReverse(433, 575, NULL), CONFIGARRAY(presets) },
};
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_BUTTONS
Button PowerButton(BUTTON_POWER, powerButtonPin, "pow");
Button AuxButton(BUTTON_AUX, auxPin, "aux");
#endif

Now I get this error

Arduino: 1.8.16 (Windows 7), TD: 1.55, Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial + Mass Storage + WebUSB, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Fastest"

In file included from C:\Users\bjhiud\Desktop\Proffie Testing\ProffieOS-v5.9\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:588:

C:\Users\bjhiud\Desktop\Proffie Testing\ProffieOS-v5.9\ProffieOS\config\zigzag6_config.h:35:2: error: too many initializers for 'Preset'   35 |  };      |  ^

In file included from C:\Users\bjhiud\Desktop\Proffie Testing\ProffieOS-v5.9\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:588:

C:\Users\bjhiud\Desktop\Proffie Testing\ProffieOS-v5.9\ProffieOS\config\zigzag6_config.h:41:1: error: too many initializers for 'BladeConfig'    41 | };      | ^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

Found my problem, I was using the factory connectors while testing and did not notice that one of them was wired backwards, however I noticed that location of blast blocks and clashes are at the tip of the blade just need to make adjustments for that in the blade style now that the blade is working I can see how the blade style is reacting, thanks for the help

error: too many initializers for ‘Preset’

NUM_BLADES should be changed to 4 to match

Very cool. I did a staff with short quad blades and wired the strips in a winding series (one data line). Luckily @profezzorn was kind enough to guide me and help with the blade config. I also directly wired the blades to the board since I had reasons not to remove them.

The core is made from these 1/4" square tubes:

I mounted 28 mm bass speakers on either end, since this was not really Star Wars, passing the speaker wires through the center of the tubes. It’s the best sounding light toy I’ve made. I’m disassembling this prototype so I can acid etch the parts, etc.

Shoulda taken a few more build pics but:

Testing:

1 Like

One of the green wires going from the blade PCB should be replaced with a wire going from “dout” to make one long zig-zag-zig-zag blade instead of two parallel zig-zag blades.

Just checking that this is what you are saying that I should change it to so that it is one long zig-zag-zig-zag blade

Almost right.
DO (data out) on the top strip should not go anywhere.

Did you have to do anything to handle the power requirements, or was a standard pogo blade connecter (like a SHTOK V3 NPXL Connector) sufficient?

As long as it has enough pins, it should be fine.
I’m not sure where to find 11-pin pogo pin connectors anymore though.

11 pin; So 5 positive, 5 negative and 1 data?

The SHTOK V3 NPXL Connector has 10: 5 negative, 4 positive and 1 data. Not sure why there are more negatives than positives, but Im assuming it is not enough?

I don’t know if it’s enough. Maybe @ShtokD knows?
I think the reason for having one more negative pin is for blade detect.
I think my zigzag blade draws ~12A, but I have an 11-pin pogo pin connector.

Maybe XLR would be better? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, blade detect. That’s probably it.

On one hand per Saberbay website the SHTOK V3 NPXL Connector is good for 15amps, 18amps spike. If your quad draw 12amps its probably fine, but Ill probably end up going with a triple to be safe.

The quad LED strip blade is a really cool design and I am pretty intrigued by it. Maybe my second saber :smiley: