ProffieOS6 & 7 Config Helper Tool v.2

Yay I actually contributed something :laughing:

No, the volume is fine throughout. Just noted the discrepancy between the lowest boot volume option and lowest OS7 volume. Not that they NEED to match. I get that it’s an an arbitrary scale.

If you mean the Volume menu, then yes because the volume menu is calculating a % of the previous volume to reduce by instead of a straight % of volume to start at, what matters is that the set Volume, when you go up to max in the Volume menu it will be the value set in your config.

Understood, I think. Only an observation and ultimately a non-issue. Max volume define is straightforward to prevent speaker blowout, and the low end of the OS scale is still quiet. Nothing need be done. Wasn’t sure if I was missing something.

This method means I can use a single style, and in my presets I can have the options set. So if I delete the preset.ini or add new styles, I don’t need to go through the edit process all over again.

Hey Fett,

I noticed in the 2.01 release that there is no second menu anymore to add presets to the “no blade” area after the normal presets section when Blade Detect Pin is checked.

I have been having a very difficult time getting blade detect to work by adding to a fully functional config I have for my saber.

As soon as I start adding blade detect code in my config I get a million errors when compiling. I’ll mess with it more but will probably need to start a new thread soon. I entered the code exactly like the manual states with no luck. I was hoping the config helper could help me if its a syntax error.

The tool now reads the BladeConfig to determine if NO_BLADE is set up properly.

If your BladeConfig contains NO_BLADE you will be prompted to add BLADE_DETECT and the presets will be enabled. The define doesn’t work without the BladeConfig being set up correctly.

Example:

BladeConfig blades[] = {
      { 0,
        WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
        CONFIGARRAY(blade_in) },

{ NO_BLADE,
        WS281XBladePtr<144, bladePin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin2, bladePowerPin3> >(),
        CONFIGARRAY(no_blade), "nbsave" }
    };
1 Like