ProffieOS v7.x feature requests

Unfortunately, no.
The compiler will blend all the templates that make a style up together, and only if you repeat the same exact blend does it not take any more memory.

@profezzorn and @Lord-Anubis IMHO this is where keeping the existing Style Editor is good for reasons discussed elsewhere, kids doing STEM, etc Iā€™ve mentioned to both of you and just eventually doing a new version Style Editor for OS6++. Once that happens itā€™s just a matter of layering things out and editing things. I actually look forward to understanding argā€™s/etc better.

Somewhere it was mentioned, canā€™t find it.
If we run out of wavplayers, (from blst spamming etcā€¦) to make the oldest playing effect wav file stop to make room for a new one to play, otherwise they just play out until finished as they do currently.

I just had someone (cough-cough Padawan/Youngling #2) say ā€œAn alarm clock setting would be cool wouldnā€™t it?ā€ which made me smile enough to share the idea.

Just audio though, pretty sure itā€™s both funny (Epic) and scary to have a lightsaber light up and start playing a track at 6am on a weekday.

IgnitionDelay<> :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm, IgnitionDelay<28800000>

Might need a bluetooth or webusb connection or something since the Proffieboards donā€™t have actual clocks in them.

A way to use the SDCard to store blade styles instead of being limited by FLASH. Save/load compiled blade styles into FLASH from SDCard. May be talking out of my butt, but as a newbie to sabers, I was a little disappointed by only being able to flash ~15 unique, intricate blade styles.

Is there an EFFECT_SWING? Right now we can do an alphal based on swing speed for smoothswing effects or the ā€œresponsive/scaledā€ swing where it only shows up past a certain swing threshold, but no way to consistently trigger a swing effect in the style when a swng is played as far as I know. If this doesnā€™t exist I think this would be pretty cool, and in addition to them getting triggered consistently, if we could pair effects to swngs using colorselect and wavnum then that would fall in line with swngs getting selected based on swing strength. Like harder swngs have brighter swing effects for example along with the hard swing sound and lighter swngs have lighter effects/sounds.

Also I would love to be able to pair end sounds together along with the bgn and lock, e.g.

ProffieOS.SFX.bgnlock.paired=1
ProffieOS.SFX.lock.paired=1
ProffieOS.SFX.endlock.paired=1

I know this currently doesnā€™t work due to lock>endlock not being gapless, but itā€™d be awesome if thereā€™s a way around that.

Personally I think distinct swings are a step back, so I try to avoid doing things that way.
Making the lock ā†’ endlock transition pairable shouldnā€™t be too difficult I think.

You could do something like:

case EVENTID(BUTTON_NONE, EVENT_SWING, MODE_ON):
    hybrid_font.DoEffect(EFFECT_USER1, 0);
    return true;

Then in the blade style:

TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrFade<200>,White,TrDelayX<WavLen<>>>,EFFECT_USER1>,

Sweet thanks for the replies! Iā€™ll mess around with this, and if thereā€™s anything I can do to help as far as the lock>endlock goes let me know

If you set up Acceleration Based swing sounds, you could use a scaled SwingAcceleration<> as the selection function in ColorSelect<> to match sounds to ā€œcolorsā€. The scale would need to match the number of files and youā€™d have to offset with an IsGreaterThan<> to filter out the low speeds, but totally possible already if you put the time in to build it.

Ok cool Iā€™ll see if I can make something work with that, Iā€™m thinking of something similar to your real clash where it just looks a bit more intense for harder swings/slashes, thanks for the reply!

How bout this Dan? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a pretty cool start point. I was thinking of it having independent one-button prop controls for each blade on one board.

@NoSloppy Nice. Share the trick.

This may already be a thing that I just dont know about, but what about screen accurate spin sounds? Like what would be seen at 0:12 in this video-

Or this one at 3:07-

I know of the define ENABLE_SPINS but either itā€™s doing something other than what I think it is, or possibly that font makers havenā€™t begun entering spin tracks?

Is it something that could be as easy as triggering a spin to play any time the saber rotates past 180Ā°? Currently a full spin gives just a big blob of smoothswing. Am I making any sense here? Lol

This has been discussed a few times, but not ever properly analyzed.
Smoothswing provides a mechanism for spin sounds that works really well for single-blade sabers, itā€™s not quite screen-accurate, but it gets pretty close.

However, the maul sounds in EP1, and probably all the dual-blade sabers donā€™t quite work the same. Instead they just do a wow-wow-wow thingy. Simply playing a sound every 180 degrees might be pretty close, but someone really should sit down and analyze how the sound works so that we can have an understanding of it. Then maybe we can modify smoothswing, or possibly add a sound to it to make this possible. Regardless of how itā€™s done, the sound needs to be responsive so that agressive swings also sound more aggressive, similar to how smoothswing works.

4 Likes

If I had anything close to the knowhow to make that happen I certainly would! Hopefully someone out there is up to the challenge.