ProffieOS V6 pre-alpha discussion

If you’re not experienced definitely back up everything, your SD, your config, etc. Personally I wouldn’t really recommend someone unfamiliar trying to use the OS while it’s still being developed but there’s nothing stopping anyone from downloading it.

SAVE_STATE is meant to save any options you have on, not turn on all options.
ENABLE_ALL_EDIT_OPTIONS enables the options and turns on the saving.
If you have both, you might get some warnings, but it will still work.

It should be safe. In general, it shouldn’t be possible to break a proffieboard by putting bad software on it. That said, pre-alpha software is likely to have some bugs, so be prepared for that, and make sure you back up your fonts and previous configuration so you can be sure to get back to a working state if things go sideways.

You should also be aware of the naming. If you download the zip file from github, you usually get a zip file called ProffieOS-master.zip. If you unzip that you get a directory called ProffieOS-master, and if you open ProffieOS.ino in that directory, Arduino will complain that the ino file isn’t named the same thing as the directory and ask if you want to create an “Arduino” subdir and move Arduino.ino into it, which is simply wrong. Instead, you should “ProffieOS-master” to just “ProffieOS” before trying to open it in arduino.

Reporting in.
#define DISABLE_BASIC_PARSER_STYLES
V3.7 board build:
14,952 bytes in memory savings. (~3%)

On a V2.2 board build:
19,112 bytes in memory savings. (~8%)
That is all.

I just fixed it so an “off color” of black will properly turn the blade off like it’s supposed to. It’s possible that this could cause issues when editing styles, but hope not. If it does, please let me know.

What sort of edit would cause what sort of issue? So as to know what to look for/test.

I’m thinking that there may be cases where setting the OFF COLOR to black might turn the blade off, and changing the color again doesn’t actually turn it on again. There may be other combinations that have similar effects, but the OFF COLOR would be the most obvious one I think.

Well so far with this it cycles through black fine.
Is this a good stressor?
InOutTrL<TrInstant,TrInstant,ColorSequence<500,Red,Green,Blue,Black>>

No, the thing I changed is in RgbArg<>

Is there a common folder that I could download for the edit mode .wav files?

There isn’t a hardcoded one, but you can add one to your font paths.
Basically, you can have a list of directories, separated by semicolons, like “font;common”. Then you stick all the edit mode files in “common/*” on the sd card.

I think he’s asking for the actual .wav files. A list of sound file names would be nice so we can at least make our own.

They’re right, I was meaning the .wav files. Sorry for the confusion!

Ask and ye shall receive.
Italian isn’t complete yet but should have it done by the end of this month.
There still might be changes before OS6 hits.
Otherwise, have your pick:

2 Likes

This is perfect! Thank you so much!

Sure enough, updates occurring tonight. I’ll post again when they’re done. Should be the same link just need to re-download.

1 Like

Are the English files being updated?

Yup. A few adds needed for the menu system, plus battery level prompts.

1 Like

updated. Same link above.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!