ProffieOS V6 pre-alpha discussion

The initial proposal of WavLen included WavPos and WavRem as well, as in

- WavLen<EFFECT_NAME> returns the length of the selected effect currently playing in [ms] (Int)
- WavPos<EFFECT_NAME> returns the relative current position of an effect that is playing values from 0~32768, so is compatible will all other blade-style functions
- WavRem<EFFECT_NAME> returns the relative remaining position of an effect that is playing values from 32768~0, so is compatible will all other blade-style functions
  ( Scale<WavPos<EFFECT_NAME>,Int<32768>,Int<0>> would yield the same result)

Is WavLen the only one that made it?
I was going to see about using the WavRem for revisiting nonlinear extension and retraction, but I think it’s been ruled out as a bad idea (constantly getting the position etc…)

WavPos<> and WavRem<> really isn’t the right way to do that. I have yet to encounter a case where WavPos<>/WavRem<> is actually the right solution, which is why I haven’t added them.

I do have some ideas for how to implement nonlinear stuff, but maybe it should wait until OS7…

Right ok. Well, I have a stacked, scaled Trigger thing going at the moment and while the end result looks right, it’s not easily adjustable nor does it seem like the right way to do it if it’s to become Transition. (which would be Ideal, like TrWipeAccel<> or something)

This thread is done, because ProffieOS V6 is moving from pre-alpha to alpha:

1 Like