ProffieOS 7.7 Beta (done)

This is very much appreciated

1 Like

I created a 7.1 zip file.
Same as 7.0, plus:

• OLED boot images have a backwards-compatible duration
  • A button fix in the Fett263 prop

So did you confirm that syncing the image duration with the wav file works for you? (setting image duration to Zero in config.ini)
Someone other than me should chime in that that feature is tested :wink:

New OLED images test (note- lock already existed, doesn’t need to be on this list)

3 Likes

I’m out of sabers to do the tests. I’m in the process of installing one. But it will take about four days if the chassis prints right. After that I will keep it mostly as a test saber, though.

I want to install Oleds and a few of my sabers. I cant wait…

Not yet, but I’m installing two hilts with OLEDs in the next day or two, so will give it a go then. All I’ve really done so far is set the frame rate and overall duration of the boot file manually as it were. However I’d like to try it on clash and blast effects so the picture disturbance follows the audio.

One question on that though - how does it achieve it? If you have a bitmap of 100 frames and a frame rate of 25 frames per second, the picture can follow a two second wav file in one of two ways - it can either speed up the frame rate to play all the frames in two seconds rather than four, or it can play 50 frames of the animation and then cut away before it reaches the end.

Just wondering which one ProffieOS will do. I’m guessing, based on my earlier boot file observations before the Prof fixed the backwards compatibility thing, that it’s the latter. Am I right?

If I remember correctly the duration is ignored for non-looping animations. For non-looping animations, it just plays until the animation is finished.

For looping animations, and for single images, the duration is applied. (Without changing the frame rate.)

1 Like

Brian, I just figured out a way of testing it and yes, for my purposes, setting clash and blast durations to zero does work and plays the bitmap at the specified frame rate for the duration of the wav file, then cuts away from the bitmap if it hasn’t completed. :smiley:

Prof, I assume things like clash and blast count as looping animations, in that if the wav file is longer or the specified bitmap play duration is longer than the bitmap itslef, then it will keep looping until the wav or duration code tells it to stop?

If so, it’s working perfectly. :smiley:

Correct. A looping animation plays at the standard set frame rate for whatever duration of the wav, truncated if the sound ends early, and looping if the sound length exceeds the image loop.
Non looping images, which you likely don’t have any of, are one shot playback that play through once, ignoring any duration settings…I think.
You can test with this non-looping file:

1 Like

The Effect_On feature is that for your new power on for OS7?

EFFECT_ON and EFFECT_FAST_ON are for use in Interactive Preon or Ignition effects (or chained and conditional effects) where the blade is ignited by an action other than the standard control via my prop.

1 Like

If I were to use let say effect_on with twist_on etc would that make the saber not turn on appropriately or don’t matter if I use both for OS7? Let say it’ll turn fine if I use both effects?

I think you’re confusing prop controls with style controls. Twist On is a prop control, it already calls normal ignition via the prop so it can’t use the style based control.
Style based controls are new and separate from prop controls intended for unique interaction not handled in the prop.
What is it you’re trying to do?

1 Like

I’m trying to get more info. Now I know it’s different from the both prop and style. So how do I make that effect happen then would I need to define that effect similar to using a prop file effect etc and if I use one I that’s from a style and one that’s prop based files will the saber glitch if we’re to use both but different categories or will it be fine. Hope that makes sense now.

The effect would be called from the style via TrDoEffect<> while the blade is OFF (using my prop) as long as the effect calling it doesn’t already run On() or FastOn() via the prop.
I’m working on some demo styles (along with the config tool and OS7 library) to make these effects visible to everyone, there’s just a lot to do so it’s taking time to get it all together.

1 Like

Ok so it sounds like a style effect via using that on your config file if I’m correct? So once the OS7 library opens it will give the option to have that effect if I want to add that etc similar that’s on your OS6 library?

Not sure what you mean exactly, but yes, once the library is converted it will have options that use that EFFECT. Most of these new effects are intended for things not already done through existing methods, they don’t NEED to be used on every style, they’ve been added to enable new things that we haven’t been able to do before or to do things in new ways. There has to be a reason to use them though, otherwise they’re not really of any value.

So it’s basically a pick and choose scenario for your ingnition/ deactivation similar that’s on your OS6 Library if I’m correct like I want standard ignition, I want in and out spark etc. is that what that is if so what’s your that style called? Hope that clears that lol

Probably better to wait for the library, it isn’t needed on an ignition effect, it’s needed if you want an ignition where you previously didn’t have one or you want an ignition from some other control that doesn’t already ignites the blade, otherwise it doesn’t do anything.