Proffieboard V3

I have 3d models for all the components when I view it, but it might be something wierd with my kicad installation. I think maybe some of the 3d models are referring to how the paths used to work in kicad 4 or something.

Not sure why the 3d model really matters though. I only use it for pretty renders. (like some of the ones earlier in this post.)

I totally agree, don’t waste the board space on pads that are not needed. If somebody wants to wire external boot or reset button - he can just unsolder the small button and wire it there.

Very excited about V3. I was putting together some of my own V2.2 when I ran into an issue while getting to the parts ordering. The accel/gyro IC is no longer being produced part number LSM6DS3HTR will a different chip be used for the V3? Is there any other chips that can be substituted that are still being produced if I’d like to make a couple V2.2 while I wait? Even if the footprint is slightly different I can always modify that. I was reading through some datasheets to look for a replacement but if you have already discovered one that would be perfect. If not I can wait until V3 comes out since that seems like it’s right around the corner.

LSM6DSM can be used instead.
We are currently investigating other chips.
I can use help comparing data sheets if you want to help.

1 Like

Sure I’ll continue looking at some datasheets and see what part options I can find. Very happy to contribute this V3 any way I can.

You could start by checking LSM6DS3TR-C
It seems to be a new component with a very similar part number, but I have no idea what the “-C” stands for or if it is meant to be compatible. (ST doesn’t seem to be interested in ever explaining what parts are the same and which ones are different between their components.)

So far the best one is what you recommended LSM6DSMTR. I was able to find them in-stock at digikey and mouser though quantities are low.

There are some options by bosch BMX160 that would add 9 axis of detection instead of 6 and are easier to find in-stock but they cost triple the price of the ST ones. The footprint looks identical and the input and outputs appear to be nearly the same so very little modification to the board if any. I’m looking it over to be sure as these data sheets are long.

LSM6DS3TR-C

This one is also a rare one when searching for the chip in-stock. So it wouldn’t work as a replacement from a easily orderable stand point.

The microprocessor is rare too now but I assume you’ll be using a different one on V3? I did find a replacement for the original one for anyone who’s looking for one of those. ‎STM32L451CCU6TR‎

STM32L451* is not compatible with STM32L433* I’m afraid.
It would require changes in the software and also a new board designation so that the user could select the right one when programming.

Have you found a replacement that is acceptable for the old STM32L433* I have been looking as it’s now the only part now that I am not finding for the v2.2 boards. I was hoping the STM32L451* was the answer.

No, I have not found a replacement for STM32L433. Obviously the V3 uses a new processor though.

1 Like

New prototypes…

15 Likes

Very cool, appreciate all the work you are doing on these. Could not be more excited

1 Like

Wow! Are these the invitation test boards or are you just doing your own multiple bench tests at this stage?

I need to test them myself first.
If they seem to work well, I will send out some of them for beta testing.

4 Likes

As long as we get deep sleep I’m happy :ok_hand:

1 Like

HANDSUP ! I will test =)

1 Like

It’s nice to see that there will still be 2 batt- & 2 gnd pads. Thx.

These boards are at least partially functional.
They show up in bootloader mode, I can program them and the LEDs function.
I still have a while to go to test everything though. RIght now I’m having a problem with the SD card reading. Hopefully it’s just a software problem.

1 Like

Got the SD card problems figured out:

Time to open files: Average time: 1547.67 us

:                                                                         
                     .    :    .                                                                    
                     :    :    :                                                                    
          :     :    :    :    :                                                                    
          :     :    :    :    :                                                                    
          ::   ::    ::   :    ::   :          : :                                                  
          ::   ::    ::   :    ::   :..  ..    :.:    .                                             
          ::   ::    ::   :    ::   :::  ::    :::    :                                             
          ::   :::   ::   ::   ::  ::::  ::: : :::  :::                                             
          ::   :::   ::   ::   ::  ::::  ::: : :::  :::                                             
x100us              1                   2                   3                   4                   5
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
Time to read blocks: Average speed: 2075.19 kb/s, 23.53 simultaneous audio streams.
    .                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :                                                                                               
    :.                                                                                              
    ::.....                                                                                         
x100us              1                   2                   3                   4                   5
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
5 Likes

2x simultaneous than 2.2 board!

1 Like