Proffieboard V3

@profezzorn wait is the v3 board available to build out for diy-ers like me?

No.
When the V3 board is launched, I will also make the the design files available for download.

2 Likes

Cool. I can wait. I was just wondering to play around with. Well I can’t wait to do it. But I have enough on my plate with getting over covid, looking for a hahns macaw new pet, working on my blaster prop file, proffie blaster board(more for this), and studying for my Cat scan boards.

BTW keep up with your boosters. It’s how I got sick finally.

1 Like

@profezzorn I wanted to make a pad with the V3 layout and data pins. So I went to look into the available layout and found out you have D+, D- and VUSB pads. That means that we could solder the those wires (plus GND) straight to an USB connector and forget about the board’s connector?

2 Likes

That is correct.

2 Likes

Soooo, just got an email from Tritium saying they’ll have v3 boards for sale May 4th.

5 Likes

Yep, that is correct.

So will KR sabers and Artekit.

2 Likes

Here we go. It’s just a matter of time until I see one in the wild.

Congratulations and thank you @profezzorn !!

1 Like

Im excited to see this! @profezzorn, 3.9? Did you find a fault in 3.7?

2 Likes

I added a resistor for CPU protection (may or may not be needed) and also the low-power switch pads on the back of the board. Other than that it’s the same as 3.7.

2 Likes

Are the plans for this pogo testbed available?

2 Likes

Not yet, but I plan to work on the V3 pages this weekend, so maybe I’ll put it up then.

1 Like

So, realistically, what impact on the future of 2.2/1.5 will 3.9 have? Will we start seeing feature lockout going forward?

Not intentionally. I will try to make sure that v2 boards are supported for a good long time. However, V2 boards are fairly memory-constrained, and V3 boards are not, so it’s likely that we’ll start seeing features that use more and more memory, and those features may be hard to use on V2 boards. (ProffieOS still works on TeensySaber boards, and I’m not planning to make that go away anytime soon either.)

What I do hope for is a price break on V2 boards. V2 boards will still have a place in the market if the price is lower than V3 boards.

4 Likes

That’s fair enough. I guess something like deep sleep will be v3 only anyway…

Has the chip stock stabilised once again?

FWIW all of OS7’s new style/font/effect features were developed and tested on a v1.5 from my end. There’s quite a lot the v1.5 and 2.2 are able to do :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I know that. I wasn’t expected OS7 to shut out the v2. I just know the v3 is capable of more and wondered how that’s been taken into consideration.

No, it has not.
There is a reasonable amount of V3 boards available, but the future is still uncertain.

They are now:

https://fredrik.hubbe.net/lightsaber/v6/pogo_pin_adapter.html

1 Like