Proffie Board Issues

So i got a saber from Solosaber llc without a proffios program on the board. i am lost and looking for help. also the board always shows as a cdc data and not bootloader.

We’re here to help, ask a question and we’ll try to answer.
For more information than you might actually want about CDC data vs bootloader, read this:

Generally speaking; if the board comes up as CDC data, it must have been programmed with some sort of program at least…

Jeremy is certainly a good customer service guy. He most probably did indeed include the config file (you’re looking for a file stored on your SD card, named something custom, and that ends with .h.

If not, just reach out to him to set it straight.

Indeed there is a config file. but i don’t know what to do with it. i can’t reach the borad in arduino.

thanks for the help i appreciate it!

the problem is that when i try to connect the boards, they always appear as CDC Data and not a bootloader. the reset toggle didn’t change that.

That’s how it’s supposed to work.
You don’t need it to show up as bootloader, Arduino will take care of that for you if you select the right port in Arduino → Tools → Port.

I see, but i always get an Error Message when i try to upload. the proffieborad is a v2 and the port is selected as com4, DOSFS is the sd card i choose smallest code cpu speed is 80mhz and the usb type is serial + massstorage.

but always when i try to verify, i get the exit status 1 error

The complete message i get:

In file included from C:\Users\Terence\Desktop\Proffie S3\extra\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:158:
C:\Users\Terence\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\proffieboard\hardware\stm32l4\3.6\cores\stm32l4/Arduino.h:23:10: fatal error: stdbool.h: No such file or directory
23 | #include <stdbool.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

Does it say proffieboard or butterfly next to it?

This almost certainly means that your arduino-proffieboard plugin wasn’t installed correctly. Please try re-installing it.

It says at the Port: Com4 (butterfly-433LC, Proffieborad,Proffieboradv2,Proffieborad v3)

I removed the Proffieboard plugin on arduino and reinstalled it.

now it verifys correctly that’s it? i was struggling so much because of that… wow i feel so stupid now. thanks

now i have the problem that the board keeps telling me that aud directly is not found.

sorry for the spam but now i got this message while verifying:

C:\Users\Terence\Desktop\Proffie S3\extra\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:49:21: fatal error: saberforge_config.h: No such file or directory
49 | #define CONFIG_FILE “saberforge_config.h”
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: saberforge_config.h: No such file or directory

Where is the config? If it’s in the config\ folder, then you need to specify that in the path.

that’s the thing i got it back with it just in the mainfolder of the sdcard. there’s no extra folder or config foldner at all

Yes, you should put that file from the SD card into the config folder within the ProffieOS folder, then the path to it in the ProffieOS.ino should be “config<yourfilename>.h”. Otherwise Arduino won’t know where to find the file you reference.

but the sd card does not have a proffieos folder.

The config shouldn’t be on the SD apart from as a backup. It belongs with the OS.

So let me get this right because i’m a huge rookie here.
I need a ProffieOs on the Computer that i can then use to access the soundboard? because there’s no ProffieOs on the soundboard. what do i need to consider there.

the steps were very different on a sabertrio saber.

Have you read up the link Frederik gave you in the first reply? You need to understand the concepts behind Arduino and ProffieOS before doing anything!

Two links that will help you understand,