i think i’ve nailed it and this is what i’ve managed to come up with.
the main hilt is 36 OD for the main part with the speaker/pomell coming in at a whopping 46 OD. (this is to make it possible to use a 40mm speaker)
the main design i wanted to keep quite clean so i ditched the illuminated switch and just went with tactile switches instead.
my still planning to use my compression lock for the blade as i’ve managed to pretty much sort out it’s failings and seems to be reliable, but that is with minimal testing so far.
the chassis has been an evolution and i’m sure it will get better with each itteration, but i’m happy with this one. (i think next time i will go for a smaller speaker to keep it simple)
i’ve gone for a generous 50mm of blade insertion to keep flex to a minimum.