Error Compiling

This is normal
The board should not show up as “STM32 BOOTLOADER” when running normally. Only during programming.

What does this mean?
Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: “Proffieboard V2, Serial, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code”

ProffieOS:56:10: error: #include expects “FILENAME” or

56 | #include CONFIG_FILE

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~

ProffieOS:616:10: error: #include expects “FILENAME” or

616 | #include CONFIG_FILE

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~

ProffieOS:620:10: error: #include expects “FILENAME” or

620 | #include CONFIG_FILE

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~

ProffieOS:624:10: error: #include expects “FILENAME” or

624 | #include CONFIG_FILE

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~

ProffieOS:682:10: error: #include expects “FILENAME” or

682 | #include CONFIG_FILE

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~

ProffieOS:1559:10: error: #include expects “FILENAME” or

1559 | #include CONFIG_FILE

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~

exit status 1

#include expects “FILENAME” or

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

It means it can’t find your config file.
Make sure that

• your config file is in the ProffieOS/config folder
  • Make sure you have the exact same spelling of your config file name in the #define CONFIG_FILE..... line in ProffieOS.ino open in Arduino
  • Make sure you removed the 2 leading slashes at the beginning of that line.

Ok I got it to upload and still the board’s doing nothing. I have two questions.

1- Do I Have to do anything of the sd card ?
2- if not I did get the sublime text program. Do I need to use this and how to use this to make my config file to work. I’ve uploaded the config file on your web site on notebook.

1. Possibly, although the board really should do something even without that. (Light should still light up, and if the sounds can’t be found it should say “Font directory not found”.) Your config file uses names like “Bank01” for the font directories. Does those directories exist on the SD card?

2. I’m going to assume you mean “notepad” not “notebook”… It shouldn’t matter what program you use, as long as that program doesn’t change the letters into something else for you (which wordpad does!). If the upload was successful(*), then whatever program you used is almost certainly fine.

(*) check this page to verify that your upload was successful:

No when I look into my files on the sd card all I see are folders of sound fonts and nothing like you have showered.

What are the folders on your SD card called?
If they don’t match what is in your config file, the board ought to say “font directory not found” when you power it up.
Does it do anything if you remove the SD card and then power the board up?

I need to say something about this soundboard. I owe you this because of all the help you’ve given me in the last few days. The board broke on me this morning. I guess this sort of gives me my answer on why I could not upload anything on it the last few days. I know this may sound strange ;but, I would like to buy one with nothing programmed in it ;so, I can see if I can do this. Anyway thank you so much for your help.

All proffieboards should come programmed when you buy them, but it doesn’t matter because every time you hit upload in Arduino, you overwrite 100% of all programming that was there before.

Sometimes it’s actually easier to just buy a board than a ready-made saber though, because going through the process of wiring the saber and adding fonts to the SD cards means that you have much better idea about how everything is supposed to work, and that can make programming the board easier.

I’m sorry to hear that your board is broken. We’ll still be here to help if/when you decide to get another one. :slight_smile:

There are several vendors that carry Proffieboards.
Here is a short list from whom I’ve personally purchased at least one:

Sound Boards – Saberbay
Sound Boards – The Saber Armory
Sound Modules (thecustomsabershop.com)
Proffieboard V3.9 - Open Source Lightsaber Sound Board | Electronics123
SOUND BOARD – CCSabers

Everyone seems to have them in-stock at the moment.
I hope you enjoy working with the Proffieboard as much as I do…

1 Like