An idea and some newbie questions (motorized transforming hilt)

Little bitty update on the project.
3D modeling is taking way longer than I expected, mainly because my day job and preparing for the holidays is leaving me with way less free time lately (and I’ll be honest, getting distracted by Pokemon Violet too :laughing:). There’s not really enough to show yet, but I’m doing just a little bit every day, so slowly but surely making progress.

The main thing I wanted to mention though was I just got a new idea! Regarding the safety/abort button I talked about here. Rather than mounting buttons on the surface of the moving parts, what if I instead mounted the servos so they’d have a little bit of wiggle room, but would be held in their correct place by something like a small spring or a piece of squishy material, and then I mounted NC microswitches up right next to the servos so that the button would stay pressed and keep them open?
The way this would work is if the transforming parts encounter an obstruction, as the servo continues trying to spin, it would wiggle itself slightly out of place, just enough to release the microswitch and trigger a button pressed event to abort the transformation.
Doing it this way would have two perks over my old idea: It wouldn’t require visible buttons or levers on the surface of the moving pieces, and more importantly it would be able to respond to ANY obstruction, not just obstructions that make contact with a button.