Which batteries work for the Proffieboard?

I have a Proffieboard v2.2 and would like to know which 18650 batteries I can use. Since I vape with e-cigarettes, I have some batteries with 25A output. My board came with a 3600mAh battery with 10A output. I have some new batteries that I would like to use. is it possible to use a 3000mAh - 30A (Sony Konion VTC6) battery? How many (A) amps output can an 18650 battery have in order not to break a board?

The amps (A) a battery is capable of is just an upper limit. Using a battery with a higher limit will not hurt the board. You would have to try to actually use all those amps to create a problem.

In general, it is highly recommended to use a protected battery with a limit not higher than you actually need, because if you somehow create a short-circuit, the protection will not kick in until you read the limit. So if you have a 100A battery and create a short circuit, the proffieboard will certainly fry before the protection kick in. If on the other hand you have battery with a 15A protection, the protection circuit may save the board from frying, or worse.

There are a few horror-stories about what can happen when you use unprotected batteries out there. Iā€™m not aware of anybody having burned their house down, but there has been a few close calls.

1 Like

Thank you very much, then I would rather use normal saber batteries with 10A

1 Like