Was just wondering how to have my accent neopixels blink while the blade is off?

I’m currently installing a SF Shoto hilt with TheSaberArmory’s brank new Pixel Switches. I’m wiring them as a secondary blade so I can have them react to clashes, blasters, etc. I was wondering if it were possible to have them blink or have a specific bladestyle when the saber is retracted, because when the saber retracts the button follows as well due to it being coded as a secondary blade.

1 Like

I’m assuming you have a proffieboard, we would need to see your configuration file. the fact that it has a second blade just means that this might be considered a “crystal chamber” and you can configure it as such.

what’s you’re blade array looking like,

do you also have the define #define MOTION_TIMEOUT 60 * 15 * 1000

? you’re going to want it to timeout

p.s. if it has 2 pixels or even 1 pixel Fett263 style library can built it.

Normally, the way to do this is to use the last argument to the InOutTrL part of your blade style. Most of the time, that argument is not used, and it defauls to Black. if it is used, it will specify what color the blade/accent will be when the saber is off. If your style doesn’t have InOutTrL, try putting in the style editor and hit the Layerize button.

You probably also want to add something like:

#define IDLE_OFF_TIME 60 * 10 * 1000

to make the saber turn off the LED after 10 minutes of idle time.
Read the CONFIG_TOP wiki page for more info.

2 Likes

Figured it out! thanks