Upload error

hello, this is my first proffieboard saber and i was following a tutorial on YouTube to add Fett263’s edit mode and add some fonts and blade styles and i followed it perfectly and when i went to upload i got some errors as expected ha. i have no idea what they mean or how to fix them so any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Mac OS X), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial + WebUSB, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:493:1: error: expected '}' before string constant
  493 | "crispity"},
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/ProffieOS.ino:564:
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:449:1: note: to match this '{'
  449 | { "CRISPITY;common", "",
      | ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:493:1: error: expected '}' before string constant
  493 | "crispity"},
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:231:4: note: to match this '{'
  231 |    { "Master;common", "common/tracks/BattleoftheHeroes.wav",
      |    ^
  493 | "crispity"},
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:41:20: note: to match this '{'
   41 | Preset presets[] = {
      |                    ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:493:1: error: too many initializers for 'Preset'
  493 | "crispity"},
      | ^~~~~~~~~~
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:493:11: error: expected declaration before '}' token
  493 | "crispity"},
      |           ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:493:12: error: expected unqualified-id before ',' token
  493 | "crispity"},
      |            ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:495:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '}' token
  495 | };
      | ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:495:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: /Users/tjblackwell/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/libraries/Wire 
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

and here is my config file

You’re missing a comma at the end of line 492.
Fix that first and see if that fixes any of the other errors as well.

okay thank you, it fixed all but 3 or i got three new ones lol

/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:495:2: error: expected '}' before ';' token
  495 | };
      |  ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:41:20: note: to match this '{'
   41 | Preset presets[] = {
      |                    ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:495:2: error: too many initializers for 'Preset'
  495 | };
      |  ^
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: /Users/tjblackwell/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/libraries/Wire 
exit status 1

If you already fixed the FETT263_HOLD_BUTTON_LOCKUP cannot be used with 1 Button Controls error,
then lastly you are missing the ending to your 7th preset, Master.
You probably want something like:
"master"},
right above
{ "Ominous;common", "",

Once you fix that, you’ll likely find your config is too large by 30000 bytes or so. Going to need to cut back.

ha man you were on the money that one lol fixed all that and its too large by 30160 bytes, ill cut back on some things ha but thank you! ill post again if i run into another issue.

1 Like

changing up some things as i learn more but I’ve gotten this one error and i don’t know how to fix it. @profezzorn @NoSloppy

and my config might be too large but ill tackle that once i get pass this ha

/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:349:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '}' token
  349 | BladeConfig blades[] = {
      | ^
/Users/tjblackwell/Desktop/ProffieOS/config/mysaber_config.h:349:1: error: expected declaration before '}' token
exit status 1

Well, like it tells you, you have a brace issue. missing one, or too many. Can’t diagnose without seeing the config file.
Try to find it on your own? :slight_smile: This is the way.

shoot completely forgot about the actual config file :rofl:
ill attempt to find it ha but here’s the config file anyway

That compiles fine…

Although these tracks are weird
{ "SecondSister;common", "common/tracks/theimperialmarch.wav;common/tracks/jeditemplemarch.wav",

{ "kyloTROS;common", "common/tracks/Kylo_Theme.wav;common/tracks/TFA_Battle.wav;common/tracks/TFA_Duel.wav",

Pretty sure font search paths doesn’t apply to tracks yet

i don’t know why I’m getting that error then lol and yeah I’m fixing them now but they compiled fine like that a few weeks ago

If you’re getting that error, then this is not the config you are compiling.

The tracks listed like that will compile, just not work in the way you’re expecting them to. I don’t think?
Unless I missed something, track paths are still singular only.
I would guess you’d just have no track play because the OS doesn’t know how to interpret the path with the ; in it.

okay gotcha i changed the tracks to how the others are and I’m still getting the same error and that’s 100% the file I’m attempting to compile

Arduino may be trying to compile a different file though…

im stupid lol :upside_down_face: i didn’t have the file in the right folder but i got it now no errors. thank y’all so much for the help!

1 Like