Two button to one button?

Can I change a two button saber config to just include one of the buttons and function as a one button saber?

I have a mace Windu hilt that the manufacturers (in their infinite wisdom) installed with a rocking, seesaw type button. The way it is set up, it is impossible to simultaneously press both buttons, smh.

This obviously creates a ton of limitations. I was thinking the best option would be to just change it to a one button. Let me know if anyone has a better suggestion.

Also, Would that work? Just change the number of buttons in the top part of the config and delete the designation for aux button at the bottom?

Thank you!

Yup, that’s all you gotta do. You can even just comment it out, like this:
// Button AuxButton(BUTTON_AUX, auxPin, “aux”);
In case you want to quickly swap back.

1 Like

Yes, you’d change NUM_BUTTONS to 1 at top of your config and then update CONFIG_BUTTONS at bottom of config to only have the PowerButton

1 Like

You could also just leave the AUX button in the CONFIG_BUTTONS if you aren’t planning on leaving it wired as-is.
Thata would allow you tons of flexibility to expand a one button control scheme .
No, “hold this and do that” isn’t an option with the rocker, but you could certainly avoid “4x click to do this”, because you could move it to a double click AUX or something instead by just editing the prop.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I still can’t believe how helpful and nice everyone is on here.

I wish I was skilled enough to edit the config so the buttons would do what I wanted. Not quite there yet.

Feel free to ask. If you know what you want, we can show you how to do it.
A little push in the right direction and you will find editing the prop button events isn’t rocket science once you understand what to do and not do.
In fact, just looking at it you can probably see what’s going on a little.