Troubleshooting button on install

Finished my first build with a kit from the Saber Armory (proffie v3.9), and the power button doesn’t work. I’ve changed proffie config to a 1 button setup like this:

#ifdef CONFIG_BUTTONS
  Button PowerButton(BUTTON_POWER, auxPin, "pow");
//  Button PowerButton(BUTTON_POWER, powerButtonPin, "pow");
// Button AuxButton(BUTTON_AUX, auxPin, "aux");
#endif

And the saber powers on and looks good. I used a multimeter and can see there’s basic connectivity to M and F rotary connectors, how can I test more extensively?

thanks,

Casper

So this says that your power button should be connected to the “aux” pad on the board. Is that how it’s wired?

I have no idea what “M and F rotary connectors” mean.
Maybe post some pictures?

You can measure voltages when the board is on.
You should see 3.3v on the AUX pad when the button is not pressed, and zero volt when it is pressed.

1. No, it’s wired correctly, I just changed it to check the rest of the saber was functional.

2. it’s the shtokcustomworx rotary connectors:
    ShtokCustomWorx Rotary NeoPixel & 2 Button PCB Connector Set – The Saber Armory

3. I can see 3.3v when the button isn’t pressed, so I guess the board is probably OK.

So is it working properly now?

No, power button is still failing. I checked again and I can’t see a connection between the female rotary connector and the power button, which unfortunately I had to glue in place as it wouldn’t sit normally. Will see if I can get it off with acetone.

Thanks anyway.

OK, got it working – I hadn’t seen this before, but the switch had one leg that was permanently on unless pressed, and the other was off unless pressed.