Subblades control

So I know how to control “subblade” pixels in the strip pixel chain when we choose an array of pixels without “gaps” (say from 1 to 16, then from 17 to 20 etc.). But is it possible to choose specific pixels # for a subblade array? Say I want to control only 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 as 1 array. That would be awesome to use with my currently released NPXL V3 blade connectors that have 16 pixels now all connected in a chain to be able to set different blade styles for inner circle of pixels and outer circle using subblades:

You’re in luck, because this is exactly what SubBladeWithStride does:

2 Likes

AWESOME! But it just skips 1 pixel between them right? But is it possible to set any # of pixel for the array? Say 1, 5, 6, 7, 3, 19 ?

1 Like

Not currently. The “stride” is a single value for how many to skip. It’s a constant.
Why would you need to do that though? Technically, you could make every pixel it’s own blade. Not realistic in practice, but possible.
SubBlade 1, skip2, 3
SubBlade 5,6,7
SubBlade 19

Just for options :slight_smile:

Using patterns (like stride) is a lot more efficient than supporting arbitrary sets. I can add arbitrary sets if we really need it I suppose, but I kind of hope that we don’t.

1 Like