Subblade with stride issue? *SOLVED!*

SOLVED!
SubbladeZZ fixed the problem.

I installed this 42 pixel “bar graph” the other day, and to run it I have it split into three 14 pixel blades, using subblade with strides. Everything mostly works as intended, but if, for example, I have the two outer blades use different colors or effects, they combine each style on each blade. Though it’s washed out with brightness, you can see how in the reflections of color it alternates blue and green. That was supposed to be one side all green and the other all blue with gold in the middle.

This does produce some cool effects, like if I set a running effect at two different speeds on the two outer blades it gives each like a comet tail. But I don’t think this is intentional.
I am using a v3 board running OS7.10.
Since the config is quite large (too large for pastebin), here is just the blade config part and the style shown.

Is this normal, or did I screw up somewhere?

I’m on the road at the minute, but if it helps, I have these notes for that Shadowfoil LED panel:

// try subblade ZZ with this!
// Shadowfoil 42 LED strip - has sidewinded data path 3*14
  SubBlade (39, 41, WS281XBladePtr<42, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4> >() ),
  SubBlade (36, 38, NULL),
  SubBlade (33, 35, NULL),
  SubBlade (30, 32, NULL),
  SubBlade (27, 29, NULL),
  SubBlade (24, 26, NULL),
  SubBlade (21, 23, NULL),
  SubBlade (18, 20, NULL),
  SubBlade (15, 17, NULL),
  SubBlade (12, 14, NULL),
  SubBlade (9, 11, NULL),
  SubBlade (6, 8, NULL),
  SubBlade (3, 5, NULL),
  SubBlade (0, 2, NULL),

SubBlade (39, 41, WS281XBladePtr<42, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4> >() ),
  SubBladeReverse (36, 38, NULL),
  SubBlade (33, 35, NULL),
  SubBladeReverse (30, 32, NULL),
  SubBlade (27, 29, NULL),
  SubBladeReverse (24, 26, NULL),
  SubBlade (21, 23, NULL),
  SubBladeReverse (18, 20, NULL),
  SubBlade (15, 17, NULL),
  SubBladeReverse (12, 14, NULL),
  SubBlade (9, 11, NULL),
  SubBladeReverse (6, 8, NULL),
  SubBlade (3, 5, NULL),
  SubBladeReverse (0, 2, NULL),

// Shadowfoil 42 LED strip - sidewinded path - 3 columns - need variable WithStride optionness.
  SubBladeWithStride (0, 41, 4 WS281XBladePtr<42, blade2Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin4> >() ),

Yeah, I think you might want SubbladeZZ:

Do you have any instructions for these LEDs that specifies in which order they are wired?

It’s described as “42 leds in series, data path is snaking down the board”. I’m pretty sure it goes:
1 2 3
6 5 4
7 8 9

Which sounds like it matches up with description of SubbladeZZ of left to right, right to left. I will give that a shot and report back.

Two things:
One, SubbladeZZ did the trick. Everything displays properly now and I learned something.

Two, I believe the last led for each line in the example provided on the documentation page should be 14, not 15. At least I got a blade array error when I used a modified version of that.

Anyways, thanks for the assist!

Fixed, thanks.