Building a Desert Wanderer and I have a feeling something might have crossed up but not sure where to start troubleshooting.
Briefly the saber functioned perfectly with good audio and correct blade styles.
I then wire-wrangled the board into it the chassis (maybe something got compressed crimped or shorted) but after gluing the board to the chassis everything started going wrong (maybe the glue caused a problem, it was thin Super Glue - Krazy Glue Brand)
Now the proffie is giving weird symptoms and I’m not sure where to begin troubleshooting this.
- Speaker became distorted audio track still plays but heavily distorted
- When I installed a blade, I noticed that the audio flicker effect was not working in the blade (32" KR Pixel strip blade)
- The blade would cut in and out, and when I removed the blade (which should have been blue) the Shtok V3 connector (with the little 2020 pixels) would not light up,
- Then the Shtok V3 connector lit up Red.
- I checked the visible FETTs for damage and did not see any.
I put the project down for a few weeks and picked it back up again without making any changes or repairs…and
- Audio is still heavily distorted
- now the V3 connector is lighting up Blue with Flicker Effect, However within a second or so of igniting, the Saber suddenly deactivates
- This time after deactivating though the saber made a weird set of rapid beeps like (beep beep beep beep beep) in rapid 8th note succession…not a font sound, so am assuming it’s some sort of system alert.
This chassis (Goth-Eco-CC) is impossible to take apart without destroying it, I’m not convininced it’s in the chassis wiring rather something to do with how either I glued the soundcard into the chassis (maybe compressing or crossing something) or less potentially the double button PCB that I mounted just ahead of the sound card at the same time (with the same “Krazy Glue”).
I used the Krazy glue on the bottom of the switch PCB (Khal had warned me that the E3000 would be too thick and cause interference with the chassis so I used the Krazy Glue since it’s thin, but it’s on the bottom of the Main and Aux button PCB and the sides of the Proffie mounting it into the chassis)
Anyhow any ideas or suggestions appreciated, thanks!