So everytime i try to upload this my board becomes unrecognizable on my pc

so when i verify the config i get no errors but when i try to upload the board becomes unrecognizable on my pc and i have to boot and reset the board itself i heard this happens if the code is bad but idk whats wrong with it

in case this is important “The Light” has an alt sound font folder since i wanted that one to switch from light to dark side

Could you explain this more clearly?
Sounds like a driver issue on your computer maybe, not the code if it verifies ok.

so everywhere i try to upload just this config the driver messes up and i have to do these steps to get my board to work again ProffieOS Documentation: How to recover from a bad programming
but when i go back to my normal config on os6 everything works fine and my board starts working normally again

Still need clarity.
The config file from the pastebin link above is being loaded on OS7 beta?
Does it work on OS6?
What’s your “normal config on OS6” ?

okay i gotta head to work for my night shift ill try running the config on os6 tomorrow but my os6 config right now looks like #ifdef CONFIG_TOP#include "proffieboard_v2_config.h"#define NUM_BLADES 2#d - Pastebin.com

You can’t use “FETT263_” defines with sabertrio’s prop. You probably want to reach out them or change to my prop and the main OS. Sabertrio has some differences and issues with ths OS they were originally uploading as well as their prop that made it incompatible with the main OS (and for us to really be able to help).

Info on my prop is here, just make sure you use the main OS.

Otherwise, you’ll want to reach out to SaberTrio for assistance.

i have the define as “…/props/saber_fett263_buttons.h” unless thats not what you mean

The pastebin you posted has:

#ifdef CONFIG_PROP
#include"../props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h"
#endif

oh yeah that is the os6 config that one doesnt have any problems
its this one that seems to be having issues #ifdef CONFIG_TOP#include "proffieboard_v2_config.h"#define NUM_BLADES 2#d - Pastebin.com in os7

Remove this define:

#define KEEP_SAVEFILES_WHEN_PROGRAMMING

You most likely have something in your .ini files from the last upload that conflicts with the newly uploaded OS. Remove this define and try again.

Only use this define IF you fully understand what it is doing:

I finally got around to trying the config in the first comment, but I can’t get it to compile. It’s 3% over flash size with ProffieOS 7.x for me.

okay work has been killing me but i did get the config to work after removing the keep save files now i just gotta figure out how to get the duel phase style to do alt sound fonts and i’ll be set

Dual Phase font support will be in OS7 library AFTER beta testing is completed and I have a chance to build the necessary interfaces.

1 Like