Seismic Charge Preon Q

So, i’m trying out the Seismic charge preon, and I notice the hump keeps retracting back into the hilt after a few seconds instead of staying in the middle, and i’m not sure why…

TransitionEffectL<
TrConcat<
	TrInstant,
	AlphaL<
		PulsingL<
			Red,
			Int<400>
		>,
		Bump<
			Scale<
				Trigger<
					EFFECT_PREON,
					Int<800>,
					Int<2000>,
					Int<500>
				>,
				Int<0>,
				Int<16384>
			>,
			Int<8000>
		>
	>,
	TrDelayX<
		Mult<
			Int<20000>, //WavLen<EFFECT_PREON>,
			Int<18432>
		>
	>,
	Mix<
		Bump<
			Int<16384>,
			Int<8000>
		>,
Black,
		Red
	>,
	TrCenterWipeX<
		Mult<
			Int<4096>
		>,
		Int<16384>
	>,
	Mix<
		Bump<
			Int<16384>,
			Int<8000>
		>,
Black,
		PulsingL<
			Red,
			Int<300>
		>
	>,
	TrDelayX<
		Mult<
			Int<10240>
		>
	>
>,
EFFECT_PREON
	>,

Since the Style Editor doesn’t seem to know how long the PREON wavlen is (obviously) I threw it a static 20000 in place for testing. (20 seconds?)

If you change timings you also need to adjust the Trigger<> function accordingly.

The timings use WavLen<EFFECT_PREON>, so your style library code for Seismic Charge Preon by default doesn’t adjust trigger accordingly? (I am only using OS7 Style Library phase 1)

I’m not sure what fraction of WavLen<EFFECT_PREON> should be used in Trigger to get the desired effect?

It’s been a long time since I made that style, it’s most likely written specific to a font, where the sound had specific times for animations. I think that one originated in OS5 before we had WavLen<> available, trial and error is probably your best bet.

Eventually I’ll be remaking many effects to use the new synergy capabilities for compound animations but I have a lot to do before then.

1 Like