Saber Staff/Cane Build

I recently took on a commission to make a saber staff where
the client then challenged me to make one for myself.

Here’s where I’m at so far. I’m still working on the extension.

1 Like

Is it meant to be actually practical for you personally? I really wish the Boone Kastis concept ended up getting used somewhere. I feel like someone like Quinlan Vos would use one to conceal his past.

I actually made one a while back. Still working on the outfit to go with it though…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWE18n8qjNh/

1 Like

The one I built for a client is meant to function as an actual cane/staff and in cosplay, just not lightsaber or SW. Mine is built the same, to my measurements. I don’t need one but I figured I may as well build it to match my cosplay so I’m sure it’ll get used soon enough.

Yours looks awesome and I’d love to read what materials etc you used. Feel free to reply here.

The main shaft is aluminium tubing. I used various PVC plumbing connectors etc, as well as some coiled telephone cable to break up the shape. The thinner bit at the base is just a smaller aluminium tube with a part that fits both together. The top is some spare oak veneer with inlaid brass detailing to complement how the hilt looks. I sprayed everything metalic silver, gave it the once over with black and burnt umber acrylics, then fixed with clear coat. Finally, I wrapped in weathered linen cloth and leather cord.

I liked that hilt before so seeing the staff and how you made it work together is awesome. Finishing up the upper piece today.

Photos don’t really do this thing Justice but here’s where this project stands now.

Full Staff.

Cane.

1 Like

That’s a Bendu hilt, right? It all ties together nicely!

1 Like

Yea, Bendu Obsidian and thanks. Now to find an opportunity to use it.