Responsive Lockup question

I’m using the style editor and trying to use layers with responsive lockup for the first time. Is there a way to have the entire blade do something different (audio flicker, different base color, etc.) than usual during lockup, while having the responsive, localized white portion on top of it? Maybe the answer is super simple, I just can’t seem to find a way to make it work.

You would have to build an additional layer to do what you’re wanting. ResponsiveLockupL<> is a shape layer it only applies to a portion of the blade. You’d want to add another full blade layer underneath it that does what you’re wanting.

I tried another layer, but I couldn’t get it to look right. I think I’m confused about the lockup size. What should the upper and lower limits for the size integers be in the second layer if I want it to cover the whole blade?

ResponsiveLockupL<> is a “shape” layer, it’s not meant to cover the whole blade AND it moves “responsively”, so it won’t work for what you’re wanting. You’ll need to make a normal layer that is doing what you’re wanting underneath the ResponsiveLockupL<>, a normal layer won’t have “sizes”, it will just apply whatever is in it to the whole blade.

Just go into my library and select “Full Blade Lockup” on the Enhancements screen for the Lockup Effect, it will give you the layer you want in the style, then just take that layer out add it underneath your ResponsiveLockupL<> and modify as needed, that’s the easiest way to do :wink:

1 Like

So I guess I was using regular lockup instead of LockupL or LockupTrL when I tried a full blade lockup, so it didn’t show up :woman_facepalming:. I should have been able to figure that out myself…

Thank you for the help! :smile:

No worries, glad to help.

1 Like