ProffieOS v6.3 BETA testing

Right! duh, the drag → enddrag transition is not a gapless transition.

oops. That’s true. okay thanks

c:/users/anlop/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/proffieboard_experimental/tools/ - Pastebin.com this is what arduino said and this is my config file // This is a sample configuration file.// This saber has:// o TeensySaber - Pastebin.com

meant to say my saber is not turning on anymore

@Angel_Lopez You should make a new thread for this as it doesn’t belong in here. The warnings are not a problem and can be ignored since you have a successful compile as indicated by the line Download [=========================] 100% 197856 bytes
The saber not turning on anymore is something else.
Make a new thread and we can go from there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve noticed some quirks when changing preon options in Edit Mode. When selecting a preon style option, if I turn my hilt to switch to the next option before the preon effect finishes running, the blade will turn black and the hum and swing sounds will stop playing until I exit edit mode and retract the blade. When I reignite, everything is normal again. Also, if I edit preon size, the blade continues to show the base effect, so I don’t know what size effect I am selecting.

1 Like

Also, while in the select preset menu, if I scroll by 5 past the end of my font list or scroll by 5 back from the beginning, it jumps to a font somewhere in the middle of my list. (This happens if I’m within the first 4 and last 4 fonts of my list.) If I scroll normally (1 at a time) when I move past the ending or before the beginning it circles to the beginning or ending as I would expect

I’ll take a look at this, changing during a preon effect is probably going to be an issue, may have to prevent changes while the preon is running.

I’ll check Preon Size as well, I think I know what’s happening there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Noted, probably need to account for trying to increment by 5 if you’re at 0 or less than 5 from the end. Will have a look this week.

1 Like

Sounds good. I just noticed that Real Clash and Dual Mode Sounds haven’t been marked as tested. I have a font that uses the number audio files for preon, out, in, pstoff, clsh, and swing. Everything is working correctly

2 Likes

RTH/FWIW: I still can’t get my custom menu sounds working right even though I have them inside each specific font folder as ccbegin.wav, ccchange.wav, ccend.wav, menter.wav, mexit.wav, mselect.wav, vmbegin.wav, voldown.wav, and volup.wav. The cheat to get them back was using my modded Fett263 prop file but in doing that you lose your OS6 EditMode functionality.

I’m looking and seriously have gone over it so much already. So, can someone please provide a direct link and location to how we setup customized menu sounds so we can mirror what we had setup in 5.9 with 6.0? Even doing a chat just now I don’t see it and YESm I’ve looked at the Countdown to ProffieOS6 page again (three times now) and am either missing something or it’s in a spot I don’t expect to see it at.

Thx and MTFBWY

Try this cheat-sheet for most/all the new sounds that can be replaced:

1 Like

Thanks Sir! :smiley:

I’m gonna need to dive deep on the new Fett263 prop file to see where these all fall into place but as a quick basic mode of solving this, theoretically all the old ccbegin etc would need to be the answer to the prompts…

(Example)
void SayColorMenu() { Play(“mcolorsb.wav”); }

Becomes…
SayColorMenu() { Play(“ccchange.wav”); }

Which would then play the selection(s) I have set, or I simply rename those fonts within each respective font folder to the new mcolorsb.wav, etc?

*I don’t want detour this thread further so LMK if it best to open it as a separate topic. **Technically my question is SOLVED based on this information and observation unless I am off track? Right now the old font name structure won’t allow the sounds to play in OS6.

I think the current assumption is that people will rename the files, not modify the sound library, but to each their own I guess…

1 Like

Thx, I just wanna do it right in case anyone else decides to do the same.

I’d say you don’t need to mess with sound library. It’s made primarily for use in edit mode anyway.
You can either just edit the wav file sound to the name that’s currently used as mentioned above, or just edit the prop to use any sound in your font with hybrid_font.PlayCommon(&SFX_volup); for example.

2 Likes

What is it you’re trying to do, because the Say() sounds didn’t exist in 5.9 so not sure what you would have modified in my prop. The sound_library is specific to Edit Mode, none of those sounds existed in my 5.9 prop.

@MegtoothSith @Jakmar and others I’ve made the below fixes / improvements they will be part of v6.1 but you can get and test from github.

1. I had to change the control for Color Zoom on 1 button to be able to work with Revert capabilities. Color Zoom on 1 button is now a Double Click and Hold PWR to Zoom, then it will save when you release. See new controls at top of prop

2. I added prevention for other actions while ColorChange is active, this should prevent getting the saber locked in the Color Edit mode

3. Fixed the display mode for PREON_SIZE it will now show the correct size for the preon (if applicable) - Note, some Preon effects are full blade or based on sounds so those will not be affected by the sizing, only “emitter” type preons use a size.

4. Added delay to PREON_OPTION to prevent the saber getting stuck if you rotate options too quickly

5. I made an update to the Menu Dial to clear up some of the “glitchy” behavior users were seeing. The Dial is meant to work roughly like the hours on a clock, the menu will play a prompt for each “step” but is designed to ignore turning while it’s playing a prompt. While using you’ll want to step and stop each rotation momentarily at each “hour”. The updates should handle itself better if you turn past the “hour” or continuing turning while prompt is playing, but it is meant to be a “stepped” menu not a continuous turn. This should also help with the saber not being able to tell if you turn right or left if you turn during the prompt. It would sometimes get confused on the direction if you kept turning while the prompt was playing when your board would go from up to down, this should handle better as well but it still needs to be done in “steps” to work as intended.

6. I have the fix for the Increment by 5 for Presets submitted but it’s not merged yet. I’ll update here once it gets merged.

If you’re able to test the above (except for #6 right now) that would be very helpful so we can confirm these are good for v6.1. Just get the code from github to use.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re. bullet counts: Just noticed that it’s not counting while in rapid fire mode, just single fire mode.