ProffieOS on Teensy 3.5 + Prop shield

Hello all,

I am hoping to install proffieOS on a Teensy 3.5 with a prop shield to update a lightsaber that I created a while ago (Using an Adafruit feather wing and a prop maker wing) - mainly because the featherwing had limited memory, so having an SD card will allow for a lot more sounds, and I also want to add smoothswing.

Am I correct in thinking that this should work?

Can you point me in the right direction of any resources (I have gone through the ProffieOS pages for Teensysaber) that you think would help me?

Thanks

MARViN

It should work. It’s been a while since someone that particular combination, so minor snags are possible, but I can help if something doesn’t work.

Beware that the audio out pin on the 3.5 teensy is not located in the same place as on the 3.2, so you will need a small wire to make that connection.

To make the config file, you’ll need to make a copy of the v1_config.h file. Maybe call it teensy35_v1_config.h. Then change the sdCardSelectPin to -1, which makes it use the builtin sd card.

Then make a config file using the config file generator (or whatever method you like) and change the include at the top to include “teensy35_v1_config.h” instead of “proffieboard_v2_config.h”

Thanks for the info, I’ll give it a try :slight_smile: