Proffieboard running two helmet fans in my TROS helmet

After seeing some discussions on theCrucible about Proffieboard running mini motors I decided to utilize the Proffieboard in my TROS helmet to power two small blower fans.
By setting the fans up like a “blade” I’m able to control the speed of the fans using the Blast Effect (clicking Aux) via a style. This allows me to easily toggle through the speeds and/or turn the fan off with a simple click of a button.
Now all of my lights and fans are running through the Proffieboard on a removable 18650 battery so I can easily change when needed.

Original build thread here: WIP - Fett263's TROS Kylo Ren Helmet with Proffieboard | The Rebel Armory

For those interested the style is just:

StylePtr<Layers<EffectSequence<EFFECT_BLAST,Rgb<200,200,200>,White,Black,Rgb<128,128,128>>,InOutTrL<TrInstant,TrInstant>>>()

It just advances through levels of “white” on each Blast (click Aux) while the helmet it on to change from 50% to 75% to full power to off. Since these are 5V fans, below 50% the fans did more ringing than spinning.

The fan “blade” is set up like so in the BladeConfig:

SimpleBladePtr<CreeXPE2WhiteTemplate<550>, NoLED, NoLED, NoLED, bladePowerPin6, -1, -1, -1>(),

Cool, so it’s “blasting” you with air? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, yes it is

1 Like

I like the idea. This could be used even in normal non-helmeted trooping situations where your hilt could power a hidden fan or even a small pump and tube assembly kinda how I had my “Force Grip” glow going up from the hilt with the wiring inside the cosplay to the glove. Basically a Force User Stillsuit pushing coolant if done right.

The fans and LEDs ran great at my event yesterday, I actually ran almost 2.5 hours on one battery because I only run the LEDs at Rgb<15,0,0> for the cracks.

Some costume pics from the event.

6 Likes