Proffieboard not found

I have Windows 8.1 64bit computer. Board is seen as „STM Device in DFU Mode” and Arduino doesn’t see the board. Therefore I can’t upload new things to board. I tried BOOT and Reset thing. Nothing changed. While trying to upload in Arduino I have 1-10 errors „cannot open DFU device 0483:df11”. I did everything like is said in ProffieOS Documentation: Proffieboard Setup
I dont know what to do now… I feel helpless

Also now I saw that when I want to remove the usb cable, the thing is called STM32 BOOTLOADER (as it should) but in device manager it is like said in original post.

Did you run “proffie-dfu-setup.exe” ?

Yes. Clicked it. There was an antivirus check if I wanna let it start, clicked allow and run it

So then you should be able to upload.
(Note that if the board shows up as “STM32 BOOTLOADER”, then you do not need a port in Arduino → Tools → Port, you can upload anyways.)

If that doesn’t work (1-10 count) then you probably has something interfering with the DFU driver. Check the drivers for the STM32 BOOTLOADER device, if it says “guillemot”, then you have some joystick/steering wheel driver that is interfering, and you should uninstall it to make Arduino work properly.

And may you say how to do that? I’m green in using computer in this type of work (I truly don’t know how the software works and what where to find)

Where you had it opened up in the Device Manager when we were trying to find it earlier, you should be able to right click on it and choose “Properties”, then from there it should show information about the device, including driver information.

From that same page there should be an option to Uninstall or Remove the drivers (though if you’re unsure whether you need to do that, just report back with the information that page gives you).

This might help:

1 Like

It says “this device works correctly” and in “details” topic “ Description of the device reported by the bus” says STM32 BOOTLOADER” but in “ Description of the driver” says the name that I see- “STM Device in DFU Mode”

In “events” I see “the device was started(WinUSB)” and above (last event)- “the device have been configured (oem207.inf)”. This configuration may be the problem? It was made the same second as the start od the device…

I went and checked how to actually check the driver details in Windows.

Here’s what I did:

1. Connect proffieboard to computer.
  2. Put your proffieboard in bootloader mode. (See instructions elsewhere.)
  3. Open up settings
  4. Search for “device manager”
  5. Click the device manager link (any other way to open up the device manager is also fine.)
  6. open up the “Universal Serial Bus Devices” category.
  7. double-click “STM32 BOOTLOADER”
  8. Select the “Driver” tab near the top.
  9. Click “Driver Details”
  10. You shold see a list of three files:
  • winusb.sys
  • WdlCoInstalled01011.dll (or some other number)
  • WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll

If you see GuiSTDFUDev, you need to uninstall something (a joystick or wheel driver), then run proffie-dfu-setup again to make it work.

If you see something else, try running proffie-dfu-setup.exe and see if that helps.

If it doesn’t help post what you see and we’ll try to help.