Proffie first attempt to program failed!

Hi!

I got my Arcann saber with proffie. I modified 2 headers in the config file. I wanted to keep it simple. I changed the time from 5 to 1, and I enabled the Twist_off mode as it came disabled.

#ifdef CONFIG_TOP
#include “proffieboard_v3_config.h”
#define NUM_BLADES 3
#define NUM_BUTTONS 2
#define VOLUME 2200
const unsigned int maxLedsPerStrip = 144;
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 3.0
#define ENABLE_AUDIO
#define ENABLE_MOTION
#define ENABLE_WS2811
#define ENABLE_SD
#define SAVE_STATE
#define IDLE_OFF_TIME 60 * 1 * 1000
#define SA22C_TWIST_OFF
#endif

I attempted to compile the code, and it fails. It gave the following error message:

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Linux), Board: “Proffieboard V3, Serial + WebUSB, SDCARD (SDIO High Speed), 80 MHz, Smallest Code”

Build options changed, rebuilding all
Archiving built core (caching) in: /tmp/arduino_cache_647500/core/core_proffieboard_stm32l4_ProffieboardV3-L452RE_usb_cdc_webusb,dosfs_sdmmc1,speed_80,opt_os_8bc9da3b26ece0906ca36c1bc523688a.a
/home/aguil/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld:/home/aguil/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/variants/STM32L452RE-ProffieboardV3/linker_scripts/STM32L452RE_FLASH.ld:224: warning: memory region `SRAM2’ not declared
/home/aguil/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
/home/aguil/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/…/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/…/…/…/…/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
fork/exec /home/aguil/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/tools/linux//dfu-suffix: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V3.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

It’s looking for a directory, but as far as I know, I installed everything needed.

Do you know what the problem might be? Any suggestions are welcomed.

The issue is with your plugin install.
I would start with quit Arduino, delete the /home/aguilarluis/.arduino15 folder, reinstall the plugin under Arduino menu Tools>Board>Boards Manager.

Ok. I will do so. I will report back.

@NoSloppy I did what you mentioned and followed the steps in:

for Linux. I even rebooted when it said reboot. It didn’t work. I still get the same error message.

Also, I verified that the path “/home/aguil/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/tools/linux//dfu-suffix” exits.

For what it’s worth you could try updating to the latest Arduino, then updating the plugin to the experimental version (add the URL to the Additional Boards URL list under Arduino Preferences):
https://profezzorn.github.io/arduino-proffieboard/package_proffieboard_experimental_index.json

I can update to the lastest Arduino, but is there any warranty that it will work?

I even made sure I followed the steps in:

@NoSloppy Hi! I just tried the newest version of Arduino (2.2.1) and it didn’t work. I got the same error message. I even added the URL which you suggested in addition to the one that’s required, and no success :frowning:

What can I do?

after adding the URL, install the 3.7.0 plugin

@NoSloppy I’m very unlucky. I now have 2 Proffieboards in my Board Manager and 2 links in my Preferences. I still get the same error :frowning:

It must be something silly which I’m doing. Or, I’m missing something, but the problem is what!

permissions?

I found the solution!!! I googled my error and found a post in this forum which describes the same error:

I followed the steps which Driftrotor posted, and now, I can compile :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help @NoSloppy. The answer was out there, I just needed to find it. And, it had to be some missing Linux commands :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We should probably add this information to the setup pod page.

2 Likes

@profezzorn I agree with you. It’s something with Linux. At least, it has already happened twice.

@NoSloppy Btw, I didn’t need neither the experimental link nor driver.

I’ve updated the instructions on this page:

3 Likes