Proffie blade won't retract. Help!

Finally got a new font and style added to my Sabertrio saber, but the blade is always on for some reason. The saber makes the retraction noise and there’s an effect running down the blade, but the lights stay on. This persists in the font selection menu as well, so when scrolling through fonts the lights turn on when I get to this font. Help!

Hey there! Is the blade constantly on even when you turn it on while using another soundfont, or does this issue happen only with the newly added font and style?

If you can share the pastebin for the blade style on the config file, that would be helpful as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I finally got everything figured out… it was an issue with the blade style. I do have one other question though… when I add a new font, all of the steps work without error but the font doesn’t show up on the saber. I’ve gotten around this by replacing the sound files and blade style of the pre installed fonts and keeping the name the same, as if I change the name it seems to get messed up. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

It’s likely because you have #define KEEP_SAVEFILES_WHEN_PROGRAMMING active in your config. Deleting the following files on the main directory will make the soundfont show up on your font selection:

presets
presets.tmp
global
global.tmp
curstate
curstate.tmp

Thank you so much!! This worked flawlessly. Might I suggest putting this in the quick start guide? I’ve been scratching my head over that all afternoon haha

Thanks again!

1 Like

You’re most welcome, and glad to have helped! We mentioned it as one of the first things to do in our user guide for Proffie-equipped sabers under the “Adding a sound font” section. We’ll make that step stand out more so that the reader’s attention is drawn to it. Appreciate the feedback! :smiley:

Wow, I have no idea how I missed that. Blinded by excitement I guess ;))

Thanks again for the quick response! You guys are incredible.

1 Like

Cheers to that! Happy to help out, and May the Force be with you always! :smiley: