Possible SD card issue

Ok thanks a few additional questions for styles, if I have only one blade style programmed on the board, but that one style is reasonably complex can that one style be enough to eat up too much RAM?

Is Fett263’s Rotoscope considered a complex style? And do adding option to the style like Rotoscope Sequels or other ignition options greatly increase the complexity?

And lastly, if I have say only 3-5 styles on the board, does using the preset.ini or edit mode copy preset option begin to bog down the board or the RAM if say style 1 is assigned to 8 fonts? Or is it just using that one style when accessing those fonts?

Unless you built in hundreds or thousands of “options”, the library styles should run fine with a recommended SD, did you run ‘sdtest’?

As profezzorn noted, Fire and Sparkle styles can slow with poorer SD but I’ve minimized their use in the library.

I had a proffie core that was causing all this issue replaced, however it seemed that 3/3 SD cards were bad causing this sound crackle and animation and board freezing until I removed the battery.

It seemed to be remedied after replacing the board and the SD cards, however after adding a few fonts to my SD card, and adding the presets to the .ini file it has happened again since.

Is it possible that my computer is so old that it is corrupting the sound files or SD card when I make updates? It’s a MacBook Pro from like 2010-2011.

I can’t think of any other possible causes. I’ve ran fonts through the frequency filter, and even then it will crackle at times and at least twice it has frozen until I remove the battery.

Here are some questions to help narrow down what’s going on.
Did you run speed tests on the SD using Serial Monitor in Arduino?
Do you see any Audio Underflow messages in Serial Monitor when crackling happens?
Got a video?
Did you use SDFormatter from here to format (not the MacOS Disk Utility)

Did you try removing hidden resource files that are copied from MacOS to the FAT32 formatted card using Terminal commands?

No, the SD card standard is much much older than that.
As long as you are careful about ejecting your cards before actually removing them from the computer, there should be no corruption. Also, if you have “mass storage” on, you should also eject the card before programming the board.

MacOS may create a bunch of extra hidden files on the SD card that can slow things down a bit though.