Possible bug with os7?

I’ve found on specifically “dyadKylo” something is causing clashes to register after retracting the saber, the baselit led will flash white every time i hit or swing the saber, although if i revert it to os6 it doesn’t happen for me.
I’m also finding since going to os7 I’ve been unable to deactivate motion controls as well, it will either goes to volume menu or change presets

FlagshipConfigOS7.h (101.1 KB)

Got video?

Kind of looks like the clash layer might be below the on/off layer?

That’s what i thought, but the issue isn’t there when i load it onto my other saber running os6

If I remember correctly, we changed clash events in OS7 so that they would occur even if the saber is turned off. Normally, this wouldn’t show anything because the in/out layer would cover it up.

I’m not sure why it’s showing through in your case though.
I looked at the style, and it seems fine.
Are you sure it’s the “dyadKylo” style that has the problem?

What does the serial monitor say when this happens?

Disabling motion control sounds like a @Fett263 issue…

Gesture Sleep has a new control in OS7, refer to top of the prop file.

I don’t think it’s a clash (you can check in the Serial Monitor).

I can’t replicate on a neopixel, so might specific to baselit? I “think” it’s something with TrWipeInSparkTipX or TrWipeSparkTipX or the EFFECT_POSTOFF transition layer but can’t replicate on my blade and I don’t own any baselit sabers.

@profezzorn, maybe one of the changes to transitions is keeping the SparkTip or the TrConcat in his EFFECT_POSTOFF active somehow?

Side note, I forgot to submit EFFECT_OFF_CLASH support in my prop previously so just submitted PR to get it added in. This effect is not present in the style and it isn’t currently active anywhere in the OS so I don’t think it could be involved, plus the InOutTrL layer covers his EFFECT_CLASH layer in his style with Black (and there’s no clash sounds in his demo video).

after some testing it also occurs on the presets “inquisitoriusRed” and “Magnetic” the first seems to be a copy and paste, the second though seems to be slightly different, just going off the number at the start of the bladestyle.
As far as I can recall almost all of the bladestyles including this one was made in the fett263 style creator, I remember trying to find a slow ripple on your site, It ended up being slow power ripple I think.

Well, it looks like I can reproduce this on the “Magnetic” preset at least.
Now I just need to figure out why.
The inout layer is a bit weird and complicated, maybe that’s why…

I think this should be fixed now.
It turned out to be a pretty low-level bug in SimpleBlade.

after attempting to apply the settings I got this error about my accent LED’s

In file included from C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:607:
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\config\FlagshipConfigOS7.h:213:5: error: 'WS281XBladePtr' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'SaviBladePtr'?
  213 |     WS281XBladePtr<5, blade4Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin1> >(),
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |     SaviBladePtr
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\config\FlagshipConfigOS7.h:213:73: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
  213 |     WS281XBladePtr<5, blade4Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin1> >(),
      |                                                                         ^
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\config\FlagshipConfigOS7.h:213:75: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
      |                                                                           ^

exit status 1

Compilation error: 'WS281XBladePtr' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'SaviBladePtr'?

I’m not sure what happened, but your config file compiles just fine for me with the latest ProffieOS from github master.

Hm maybe I had something go corrupt, I’ll re-download the master and try again
Quick edit: It was indeed a corrupted file it passed perfectly this time

after uploading the config my cree has no lights, not sure why, I did add a bunch of the new os7 effects, I’ll drop my config.
(so far I’ve just reverted back to os6 to make sure I didn’t have a disconnected wire and it lit up, gonna experiment and see if any of the defines caused it)
FlagshipConfigOS7.h (101.2 KB)

Ops, turns out my “fix” made the problem go away by simply breaking SimpleBlade… I guess that’s what I get for trying to fix bugs late at night…
Will report back once I have a better fix.

1 Like

haha all good, Glad to help find bugs even if they are small.

Ok, I have a new (and hopefully better) fix now.
Please try it out.

hm, no changes to my config but i’m getting a scopedpintracer error
I have redownloaded the zip in case of a corruption but same issue

In file included from C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:568:
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\blades\pwm_pin.h: In function 'void {anonymous}::LSanalogWriteSetup(uint32_t)':
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\blades\pwm_pin.h:95:3: error: 'ScopedPinTracer' was not declared in this scope
   95 |   ScopedPinTracer pt(blade3Pin);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:607:
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\config\FlagshipConfigOS7.h: At global scope:
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\config\FlagshipConfigOS7.h:214:5: error: 'WS2811BladePtr' was not declared in this scope; did you mean 'SaviBladePtr'?
  214 |     WS2811BladePtr<5, blade4Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin1> >(),
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |     SaviBladePtr
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\config\FlagshipConfigOS7.h:214:73: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token
  214 |     WS2811BladePtr<5, blade4Pin, Color8::GRB, PowerPINS<bladePowerPin1> >(),
      |                                                                         ^
C:\Users\jamer\Desktop\Proffie\ProffieOS7.X Alpha\ProffieOS\config\FlagshipConfigOS7.h:214:75: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
      |                                                                           ^

exit status 1

Compilation error: 'ScopedPinTracer' was not declared in this scope

Awww, I messed up and checked in some debugging code.
Removed now.