Popping and slight distortion/buzzing on cfx

On certain soundfonts, there is popping when an accent swing plays and like this deep bass distortion almost that plays for the entire swing (not just a pop before the swing plays, but the entire swing sounding buzzy and distorted). (i tried to put a video but the format isn’t allowed)

Might be your speaker. What do you have in the saber? You can use the filters. On the typical 24mm speakers I usually use 100 for the cutoff and Filter Order of 8. But depends on your specific speaker. Also a possibility the speaker is damaged…

You can upload it to youtube or google photos and post a link here.

I don’t think CFX has filters.

What if you lower the volume of everything? Does it persist?

Oops. Yeah, I just read right past that key detail thinking it was a Proffie :upside_down_face:

So I swapped sd cards and that fixed the popping/clipping when accents play, so most fonts are fine. However, on high pitched fonts like four armed general or really bassy ones like rogue Vader (father rogue by kyberphonic), the accent swings play and are a bit buzzy/distorted. There isn’t any popping or clipping, but it sounds a bit distorted. This is hard to pick up on video for some reason so I won’t put a video unless I can really hear it when I play the video back lol. And yes it does persist at low volume. I’ve check the files and they’re all the right format too.

And this is entirely absent on all the other default sabertrio fonts btw (except maybe 1-SABERTRIO because it is a bit higher pitched). This issue is also more noticeable when I actually swing the saber, but not as much when I just press “swing” on the CrystalFX app. Again, this is just accent swings, the smoothswings are fine.

oh and this is an audio chip elite but the one from smugglers outpost etsy shop, not from sabertiro’s site if that helps (the one in gray casing, not red)

Ok ignore everything else I noticed the speaker is actually visibly sideways and is a little separated at the cone lol. Unless all this sounds like something that could result from something else you know of (I did drop it before replacing the speaker so maybe there’s something wrong with the core too). So I’m 0 for 3 on buying replacement speakers :melting_face: ($150 down the drain). Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy one directly from their site lol

Well, the upside is you don’t have to drive yourself nuts trying to chase a cause :smiley: