Odd Sound Behaviours With Bluetooth Module BT-909

A 33k pullup shouldn’t really have an effect, since it’s pretty weak.
Of course, there could be a short or something which would be a different matter entirely.

If there is a short I can’t see one.
Maybe at BT where i soldered the switch on, but I don’t see it.
Here are a few pics:
Board from above

“LED6”-side

“LED1”-side with CAPs

BT909 from above (through battery slot)

BT909 from the side with switch

Maybe, because the switch can move a bit, its metal casing could sometimes touch the smaller Cap. Not sure though.

Could this cause a short?

I don’t think the metal of the switch should connect to anything, but it depends on the switch.
As for “not seeing a short”, I would like to quote Obi-Wan: Don’t trust your eyes, they may deceive you. But instead of using the force, I suggest using a multimeter to check for shorts.

So I went and did a re-do of the soldering on the PCB side of the bluetooth module.
While I was at it, I soldered it to SD Power to test the behaviour without 33k pullup and extra CAPs.

It kind of worked. I didn’t get a boot sound and this time around, this stayed true even when I re-plugged the battery shortly after unplugging it. All other sounds were working from what I could tell.

Eventually I ended up soldering it back to 3.3V between 33k pullup and my two CAPs. I just improved on the soldering on the PCB and wired in a new switch which I took further away from the capacitors so it wouldn’t accidently connect when switching around.

Going to double check with a multimeter tonight. I measured something between BT 3.3V and BT GND, but I guess this is to be expected, because of the two capacitors on the PCB bridging there.

I was of course checking this during my initial wiring, but it can’t hurt to check.
Any particular area I should especially focus on? BT only or everything?

I think we were mostly curious about shorts between the 3.3v and anything nearby, as that is primarily what would cause stability issues on the 3.3v supply.

Here are some values:
3.3v - D1: 32.9k
3.3v - SD Power: 41.1k
3.3v - GND: 51.1k (two capacitors are bridging these)

I also get values between 3.3v and

• SDA, SCL
  • Batt+
  • GND, Batt-
  • TX, RX

Unfortunately I can’t decipher which is normal and which shouldn’t be there.

This looks normal to me.
Shorts would be low values, like less than 1000 ohm.

1 Like