"No such file or directory"... I'm lost

Hello! I am trying to get my ProffieOS to work without any issues before adding a real config to my saber, so all I have been attempting so far is verifying the sample config “default_proffieboard_config.h” that comes included in the config folder inside of ProffieOS. After seeing a youtube tutorial that does exactly this and has it working fine has me scratching my head.

Here’s the error I get:

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Mac OS X), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial + Mass Storage + WebUSB, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

fork/exec /Users/pleasefunk/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Hopefully I formatted that correctly.

Please tell me if there is more information I need to provide!

Try re-installing your arduino-proffieboard plugin.

Hello, that is simply re-entering the URL into the Additional Boards Manager URLs right?

I tried to do so and it gave me the same error again:

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Mac OS X), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

fork/exec /Users/pleasefunk/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Not quite. The URL is telling it where it can go find the plugin. You need to go into the list of available plugins and actually install/update to the latest version 3.6.0.
Follow this page, you should be up to doing step 6 next:

That did work! I get another error now though, stating warning: “memory region `SRAM2’ not declared” when I try to verify the same “default_proffieboard_config.h”. What am I missing?

/Users/lars/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld:/Users/lars/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/variants/STM32L433CC-ProffieboardV2/linker_scripts/STM32L433CC_FLASH.ld:224: warning: memory region `SRAM2' not declared
/Users/lars/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
/Users/lars/Library/Arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
Sketch uses 210064 bytes (80%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.

These are all warnings, you can safely ignore them.

I figured it all out, just downloaded my first couple fonts! Thank you guys so much for your help! :grinning:

1 Like