New setup with error

HI peeps,

the laptop that had all my configs and the arduino ide died, and I have a raspberry pi OS installed so I set it up as my replacement desktop.

installed arduino ide and found an old config but when I verify the code it comes with this error:

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Linux), Board: “Proffieboard V2, Serial, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code”

/home/maxb/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld:/home/maxb/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/variants/STM32L433CC-ProffieboardV2/linker_scripts/STM32L433CC_FLASH.ld:224: warning: memory region `SRAM2' not declared
/home/maxb/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
/home/maxb/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/9-2020-q2-update/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: changing start of section .bss by 8 bytes
fork/exec /home/maxb/.arduino15/packages/proffieboard/hardware/stm32l4/3.6.0/tools/linux//dfu-suffix: exec format error
Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Proffiev6_7.h (112.1 KB)

This isn’t a problem with your config, this is a problem with dfu-suffix, which comes from the arduino-proffieboard plugin. If I’m understanding you right, you’re trying to run this on an arm-linux platform, and the arduino-plugin does not actually have support for arm-linux.

1 Like

oh so, shit out of luck. any chance for arm-linux to be supported? :blush:

Maybe, but it’s very rarely used, so it’s not a high priority.

1 Like