Multi-blast mode

Hello. I did search, and I’ll bet the answer is there, but I couldn’t find it. I had multi-blast mode working fine in my OS6 saber, but I can’t seem to trigger it in OS7. I’m guessing I have something wrong in my CONFIG_TOP. I’ve included it here. I don’t want Battle Mode with this saber. I would be ok triggering it from special abilities, but none of those mention multi-blast mode. Thank you for your help.

#ifdef CONFIG_TOP
#include “proffieboard_v2_config.h”
#define NUM_BLADES 3
#define NUM_BUTTONS 2
const unsigned int maxLedsPerStrip = 144;
#define EXTRA_COLOR_BUFFER_SPACE 30
#define VOLUME 2300
//#define BOOT_VOLUME 2300
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 1.5
#define ENABLE_SPINS
#define ENABLE_AUDIO
#define ENABLE_MOTION
#define ENABLE_WS2811
#define ENABLE_SD
#define FILTER_CUTOFF_FREQUENCY 80
#define FILTER_ORDER 8
#define MOTION_TIMEOUT 60 * 5 * 1000
#define IDLE_OFF_TIME 60 * 5 * 1000
#define DISABLE_BASIC_PARSER_STYLES
#define DISABLE_DIAGNOSTIC_COMMANDS
#define SHARED_POWER_PINS
#define ENABLE_ALL_EDIT_OPTIONS
#define NO_REPEAT_RANDOM
#define FETT263_SPECIAL_ABILITIES
#define FETT263_DUAL_MODE_SOUND
#define FETT263_CLASH_STRENGTH_SOUND
#define FETT263_MAX_CLASH 16
#define FETT263_SAY_BATTERY_VOLTS
//#define FETT263_QUOTE_PLAYER_START_ON
#define FETT263_DISABLE_CHANGE_FONT
#define FETT263_DISABLE_CHANGE_STYLE
#define FETT263_DISABLE_COPY_PRESET
#define FETT263_DISABLE_BM_TOGGLE
//#define FETT263_DISABLE_MULTI_BLAST_TOGGLE
#define FETT263_DISABLE_QUOTE_PLAYER
#define FETT263_RANDOMIZE_QUOTE_PLAYER
#define FETT263_LOCKUP_DELAY 200
#define FETT263_BM_CLASH_DETECT 6
#define FETT263_SWING_ON_SPEED 350
#define FETT263_SWING_ON
#define FETT263_SWING_ON_NO_BM
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_PROP
#include “…/props/saber_fett263_buttons.h”
#endif

#ifdef CONFIG_PRESETS

Controls are listed here.

This will disable the control.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. I should have stated, I am closing the AUX switch for a long press, but I am not getting the multi-blast mode to start. I have the disable_multi_blast_toggle commented out, so I am guessing that is not an issue.

I don’t see anything else that would cause issues. Are you sure you are holding the button long enough before releasing? Do you have the blstbgn.wav in your font so you can hear when it’s toggled on?

Thank you for the response. I am holding it for about a second, sometimes longer. I don’t have the “blstbgn.wav” file in my font(s). What type of sound do you typically use for that?

Anything you want, it’s not required it can just help users identify when it’s toggled.

You can try hooking up to Serial Monitor under Arduino > Tools > Serial Monitor and see when it registers the long click to get an idea of timing or see if there’s any odd output.

Thank you for the responses. So, I added a generic wav for “blstbgn.wav” to my first font. It is being triggered, but I am not getting blaster sounds after. Is it possible I have something turned off in the config, or am I just using it incorrectly. I don’t have my last saber (OS V6) with me, at the moment.

Multi-Blast triggers a blast effect with each swing, does your font contain blst.wav and does your style contain a Blast Effect? What happens when you swing?

Thank you again for the responses. I have blst01.wav, blst02.wav, blst03.wav, and blst04.wav. I don’t have any that are just blst. I do have blast effect in the font.

Thank you again for all of the responses. I did find the problem. It wasn’t configuration. I was having some trouble with my rigged setup. It’s looking good. I’ll shoot you a video once I button it up.
Thank you.