Motion chip timeout, reboot motion chip!

So as the title says that’s the message I get from my serial monitor in Arduino.

When I turn on the saber the soundfont plays out and the saber humming is there for ignition but anything regarding motion isn’t working such as flash on clash, lockup, smoothswing or accent swings. The saber does make a sound when retracting too but I don’t know what is going on I just finished uploading a new config onto the saber from getting it new from a LGT reseller (CD) and this happened and this is my 2nd saber the first one I had no problems whatsoever I pretty much loaded the same config to this new board/saber and I’m just hella frustrated.

I’m running Proffie 2.2 please help guys!

Try the updated the motion file.
Replace ProffieOS/motion/lsm6ds3h.h with this:

Man how do I go about doing that I’m good at following instructions which after many videos is basically how I somewhat learned the most basic things about programming the board but by all means I’m a beginner still so if you don’t mind can you point me where would I go to open this file so that I can copy/paste what you posted?

Sure. Find your copy of the lsm6ds3h.h file on your computer. It’s in the ProffieOS/motion folder.
Open it in a text editing program like Notepad+.
Click the blue link above that says show original.
On the resulting webpage, click and drag to select all of the code in the box with the numbered lines and copy it using the keyboard keys CTRL+C.
Go back to your file opened in Notepad+ and select all again, this time paste over it by using the keyboard shortcut CTRL+V.
Choose save from the menu in Notepad+.
You’ve now replaced the contents of your original file with the new content.
Upload to the Proffieboard again with Arduino and test the saber when it’s done.

Sorry ok I found the file in question I had to look in the folder where my ProffieOS is got that part, now when i finally pasted the updated file, when I tried to compile and verify the config before uploading it said error compiling for proffieboard v2.

It says:

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: "Proffieboard V2, Serial + Mass Storage + WebUSB, SDCARD (SPI), 80 MHz, Smallest Code"

In file included from C:\Users\Andre\Desktop\Lightsaber\Crimson Dawn 1 Button Proffie\Config\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:1652:

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:151:27: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

151 |    TRACE(MOTION, "timeout");

|                           ^

In file included from C:\Users\Andre\Desktop\Lightsaber\Crimson Dawn 1 Button Proffie\Config\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:197:

sketch\common/monitoring.h:88: note: macro "TRACE" defined here

88 | #define TRACE(X) do { } while(0)

| 

In file included from C:\Users\Andre\Desktop\Lightsaber\Crimson Dawn 1 Button Proffie\Config\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:1652:

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:224:39: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

224 |       TRACE(MOTION, "nothing pending1");

|                                       ^

In file included from C:\Users\Andre\Desktop\Lightsaber\Crimson Dawn 1 Button Proffie\Config\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:197:

| 

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:232:30: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

232 |     TRACE(MOTION, "RunLocked");

|                              ^

| 

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:235:39: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

235 |       TRACE(MOTION, "nothing pending2");

|                                       ^

| 

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:239:34: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

239 |       TRACE(MOTION, "notify fail");

|                                  ^

| 

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:248:36: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

248 |       TRACE(MOTION, "transfer fail");

|                                    ^

| 

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:251:36: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

251 |     TRACE(MOTION, "transferring...");

|                                    ^

| 

sketch\motion/lsm6ds3h.h:262:34: error: macro "TRACE" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1

262 |     TRACE(MOTION, "Transfer done");

|                                  ^

| 

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Proffieboard V2.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Sorry about that.
Try this one instead:

What version ProffieOS do you have?
This fix was applied to the 5.9 update.

1 Like

I’m not sure how to check on the version of my ProffieOS. But that 2nd code in fact worked like a charm. My dude I don’t have words to express my gratitude for being so patient and kind enough to teach me something new today… here I was thinking about how to swap cores and essentially just give up on this proffiecore because I was starting to think wasn’t salvageable. Honestly thank you so much bro this whole thing of buying proffie loaded sabers is amazing once you learn and get this to work the way you want them too I seriously was super sad about the money I spent on it and the fact I wasn’t gonna be able to use the blade styles I got in my config because I was gonna resort to send it back to CD to have it reset and once received not touch again simply because I legit thought I broke it for good. You’re a lifesaver man I appreciate this so much!

Yeah no problem, glad to help!
Things works great when everything is correct :crazy_face:

FYI When you have the board connected USB and Arduino is open, menu Tools>Serial monitor pops open a window. That’s your communication with the board.
You can type version in the top box, hit return.

All sorts of things can be done in there, basically run your saber from the keyboard.
More info:

1 Like