Minor issues with Sabertrio Preconfig 4.2 proffieboard 3.9 (clash detection and special abilities)

Apologies in advance; this is quite a few “minor” issues all at once:

I just got my upgraded power cores with proffieboard 3.9 from Sabertrio, so I proceeded to flash a new config onto both cores. Most of the sound fonts work fine; however, Special Abilities is a bit off for both Sabertrios (Korvus and Senza). One of the blade styles has Party Mode plus rain and thunder, which (sort of) works for my LGT proffie sabers (i.e., I have to literally point the blade on the floor and rotate it to activate Abilities 3 and 4). The party mode + weather blade style is a bit more twitchy on both Sabertrios. I can get Special Ability 1 and 2 without any issue. However, Special Ability 3 and 4 (hold AUX with one-quarter turn) sometimes works, and other times it is out of sync. There also appears to be issues with the thunder and lightning effects with a couple another blade style that just has those two effects. I don’t know if it is an issue with Preconfig 4.2, or the blade styles. However, since the weather blade styles work fine in my LGT proffie sabers, it may be Preconfig 4.2? And is it possible that Party Mode just doesn’t play well with added lightning and thunder Special Abilities?

And another thing: Clash detection on my Korvus has become pretty nonexistent with quite a few of my fonts, unless I strike the hilt - and I didn’t have any issues with clash detection with the original power core. The Senza doesn’t appear to have issues with clash detection.

Here are my config files:

Senza config file

Korvus config file

And the blade styles causing some issues:

Blue weather

Thunder God with weather

Party mode with weather

So, the config file says that your clash detection is at 4.5 and audio suppression is at 5. Is that the values you’re actually using, or have you made changes using edit mode?

Have you tried using lower values?

These styles from my library require my prop and OS7 for Special Abilities to operate properly, you’re using a different prop in your config, so that is likely the issue.

It’s the default setting for Sabertrio’s config file. I didn’t have any issues with clash detection for Preconfig 4.0 or 4.1, which is why I am wondering if it is a Preconfig 4.2 issue.

Ah, okay. I got Party mode with two Special Abilities (random and party mode) work in Preconfig 4.0 and 4.1. The issue seems to be with lightning and rain.

What is Preconfig 4.2?

If you’re not using my prop and main OS I can’t help. If Sabertrio is modding files you’ll need to have them troubleshoot or you need to use the main OS with my prop for the new library features to run properly.

It’s Sabertrio’s configuration, which includes settings and their default fonts.

Understood, thanks for looking at my stuff. I just turned my Senza back on, and Party Mode + weather is actually working properly now. But it is also the only font with Special Abilities, and I have multiple fonts running Special Abilities in my Korvus. I’m going to replicate my Korvus config with one of my other Sabertrios running the previous Preconfig and proffieboard 2.2 and see if it has any of the same issues. If it does, I’ll reach out to Sabertrio.

Well, since I don’t know anything about preconfig, or what might have changed between 4.1 and 4.2, I am unable to say if it is a preconfig problem or not. Please ask Sabertrio, hopefully they can help.

@aikichick as a quick cheatsheet here’s what mine and others I’ve flashed are at for settings no matter what OS version or choices of the two props are used.

#define VOLUME 2200
#define CLASH_THRESHOLD_G 4
#define AUDIO_CLASH_SUPPRESSION_LEVEL 5

I’ve been able to get it all working on a batch of PowerCore hilts with zero issues under these edited defines.

A_Rogue_Child, aka ShaneO from the S3 FB Group.

*I just threw both configs onto my hilts here using both Sabertrio’s forked OS 7.12 and the standard OS 7.14 using Fett’s prop. Things work fine using the 3 define settings I shared above. Start with trying out those changes and a fully charged battery.

/*
 ProffieOS: Sabertrio Proffie Preconfiguration 4.2 Version of OS 7.12 Control software for lightsabers and other props...
*/

#define CONFIG_FILE "config/aikichick_senza.h"
Sketch uses 255920 bytes (50%) of program storage space. Maximum is 507904 bytes.

/*
 ProffieOS: Sabertrio Proffie Preconfiguration 4.2 Version of OS 7.12 Control software for lightsabers and other props...
*/

#define CONFIG_FILE "config/aikichick_korvus.h"
Sketch uses 309352 bytes (60%) of program storage space. Maximum is 507904 bytes.

/*
 ProffieOS_7.14 02_05_2024: ...
*/

#define CONFIG_FILE "config/aikichick_senza.h"
Sketch uses 253768 bytes (49%) of program storage space. Maximum is 507904 bytes.

ProffieOS_7.14 02_05_2024: ...
*/

#define CONFIG_FILE "config/aikichick_korvus.h"
Sketch uses 308936 bytes (60%) of program storage space. Maximum is 507904 bytes.

I reflashed my Korvus with your settings. Clash detection now works with some of my fonts, but not others (mostly those with Special Abilities). Could the extra blade styles for the crystal chamber and LED button be the cause? Because I loaded my Arclyte (which has a legacy core with proffieboard 2.2) with a few of the fonts with Special Abilities, and have no issues with clash detection.

Try it out using OS 7.14 instead. Also go ahead and run the SD Card speed test.