I dont know what i'm looking at

getting this error or errors in arduino and i have no clue what im looking at to fix it

In file included from E:\extra\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:571:
E:\extra\ProffieOS\config\s3config.h:719:2: error: expected '}' before '{' token
  719 |  { "Ice_Saber;common", "tracks/track_19.wav",
      |  ^
E:\extra\ProffieOS\config\s3config.h:35:19: note: to match this '{'
   35 |  Preset blade[] = {
      |                   ^
E:\extra\ProffieOS\config\s3config.h:719:2: error: expected ',' or ';' before '{' token
  719 |  { "Ice_Saber;common", "tracks/track_19.wav",
      |  ^
E:\extra\ProffieOS\config\s3config.h:737:495: error: expected unqualified-id before ',' token
  737 |     TransitionEffectL<TrConcat<TrInstant,AlphaL<Mix<Trigger<EFFECT_PREON,Int<3000>,Int<2000>,Int<1000>>,BrownNoiseFlicker<Black,RotateColorsX<Variation,DeepSkyBlue>,100>,RandomPerLEDFlicker<RotateColorsX<Variation,DeepSkyBlue>,Rgb<50,50,50>>,BrownNoiseFlicker<Mix<NoisySoundLevel,RotateColorsX<Variation,DeepSkyBlue>,RotateColorsX<Int<4000>,RotateColorsX<Variation,DeepSkyBlue>>>,White,50>>,SmoothStep<Scale<NoisySoundLevel,Int<-10000>,Int<36000>>,Int<-4000>>>,TrDelay<6000>>,EFFECT_PREON>>>()},
      |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ^
E:\extra\ProffieOS\config\s3config.h:742:4: error: expected unqualified-id before '}' token
  742 |    };
      |    ^
E:\extra\ProffieOS\config\s3config.h:742:4: error: expected declaration before '}' token

exit status 1

Compilation error: expected '}' before '{' token

The problem is most likely on the previous line. (718)
If you can’t figure it out, post your config file and we’ll take a look.

1 Like

So i made it past the arduino stuff but i had to download zadig that worked fine but the sound fonts still didnt work so i was gonna try again but now my pc doesnt recognize the lightsaber anymore

the buttons on the reset and boot are way to small but i pressed them and nothing changed
it can see the board but the sd card stuff doesnt pop up

oh and here the config file btw file:///D:/ProffieOS-v6.8/ProffieOS/config/s3config.h
should i just leave this alone or should i put it in the proffieos config folder

The SD card contents will only show on the computer if the board is set up to act as a card reader, otherwise you’d just remove the card from the board and use a standalone USB card reader.
Arduino menu Tools>USB Type> would need to be set to either Serial + Mass Storage, or Serial + Mass Storage + WebUSB, and upload.
Then the SD card will mount to the PC on reboot.
Be sure to Eject the SD card properly from the PC before disconnecting the USB cable or uploading so as to avoid card corruption.

According to the path you posted , it already is in the ProffieOS/config folder, although the D: drive is typically not your main C: drive, so if that’s a path to the file on the SD card, then yes, you need to copy it to the working ProffieOS directory you have on the Computer itself…wherever you have that.

i see well i see the board in my devices and printers but i dont see it in arduino anymore
where it would say port

oh i save everything to my D drive cuz it has more space but i need to find it in the c drive anyway?

when i try to do anything in arduino now all i get is this error

In file included from D:\ProffieOS-v6.8\ProffieOS\ProffieOS.ino:567:
D:\ProffieOS-v6.8\ProffieOS\config\s3config.h:30:9: fatal error: …/props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h: No such file or directory
30 | #include"…/props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Compilation error: …/props/saber_sabertrio_buttons.h: No such file or directory

The board dual boots.
If it’s booted normally into ProffieOS, it shows up on a COM port in Arduino.
If it’s booted into bootloader, it will NOT show up on a COM port, and would be visible in Devices and Printers as STM32 BOOTLOADER device.
The only time you need to worry about bootloader is the first time you connect the board to the PC and need to install the drivers for STM32 BOOTLOADER using Zadig.
If you use this instead, you don’t even need to deal with that:

As long as D: is not your SD card, that’s totally fine.

okay i think im starting to understand maybe
but if i wanna download new soundfonts and blade styles i use a sd card reader and i dont have to worry about Arduino outside of the 1st time you set it up
i just have to drag and drop stuff into proffieOS and that should be fine?

Because you have an incorrect double-dot indicating a parent directory.
If you use a text editor that is not based on Plain Text, you can get funky Unicode character issues such as this.
Your .. has been replaced with ellipses ...
and I wouldn’t be surprised if your quotation marks are all slanty versions “ ” instead of plain text straight ones " "

Download and use Sublime Text instead of Notepad or whatever you’re using to edit your config
Sublime Text
or Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code

Nope. That’s not how the force works.

Sound fonts live on the SD card.
Programming the board with Blade styles is done through Arduino, you will use that often.
STM32 BOOTLOADER driver installation to the computer is what is a one-time thing.

okay downloaded sublime text now what lol i know they said you would need to know a bit to use a proffie board but i got off work at 330 and now it 9 and i havent gotten a single sound font to work . things actually seem worse then when i started

You’re trying to bite off more than you can chew.

One step at a time, understanding each step as you go, and then it’s all relatively easy.

thanks for the help i have to get up super early 2mrrow so imma head to bed imma try again after work

so i have to go though the s3config.h file and change some text?