I am new to this

on fetts color wheel whats obi wan color?

Color is very personal. Luckily Fettā€™s prop allows for color zoom. Try the blues and dial in whatever you think looks right.

Technically itā€™s pure blue, but I always think DeepSkyBlue looks better in person. Blue is too intense.

I just use Blue, because the blade and diffusion add a little White to it inherently, but itā€™s all personal choice as noted.

The other factor with colors is ā€œperceptionā€ varies greatly in the environment. A color can look completely different in different rooms based on time of day, ambient light, nearby light sources etc. It will also depend if you mean in person or in photos/videos, your eyes will ā€œseeā€ the color differently than a digital camera, etc so if you want the color to look best in person go that route, if you want the color to look best in photos go that route. So go with what you think looks best based on what you ā€œseeā€ :wink:

Blade construction and LED type also adds a level of uncertainty here, making it nearly impossible to only have one answer.

Also, the light saber colors actually varies in the movies. (From movie to movie, release to release, and sometimes scene to sceneā€¦)

1 Like